My 2-stroke Build...

GoldenMotor.com

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Due to the 4-stroke Grubee shearing keys right & left...got a 2-stroke ordered last week. Taking my time with some help from my buddy...here's my new build with the 66cc from Bikeberry.com.

As you see...changed out almost all the exterior studs/bolts/nuts for new case hardened steel ones from a local provider. All nuts are "Nylock" type. The bolts on the covers have been replaced with "allen" head bolts.

Due to the carb/intake pipe being the same diameter...had to wrap tubing around both of them & tighten down with 2 hose clamps. (May end up ordering the better carb from Spooky Tooth in the future.)

Will be getting the kill switch wired up & putting the 1st tankful of fuel in for the virgin ride later on this afternoon.

The sissy bar was cut down to what you see from a 42"...due to everyone either falling or hurting themselves getting off/on the bike. The caps are cane tips from the hardware store.

Want to buy a belt drive gearbox in the future & put the 4-stroke back on this bike.

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
A couple of suggestions before you go riding: Put brakes on the rear wheel and get rid of the rubber in the motor mounts. The motor needs to be as solidly mounted as possible. It could be that you've changed the rear wheel to one with a coaster brake (can't really tell from the picture) but even so the Jaguar has very good brakes and the extra stopping power would be a plus in your favor. Good luck, ride careful.
Tom

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
A couple of suggestions before you go riding: Put brakes on the rear wheel and get rid of the rubber in the motor mounts. The motor needs to be as solidly mounted as possible. It could be that you've changed the rear wheel to one with a coaster brake (can't really tell from the picture) but even so the Jaguar has very good brakes and the extra stopping power would be a plus in your favor. Good luck, ride careful.
Tom
Due to my weight & the cheap construction of the Chinese bike parts...had to switch over to 12 ga spokes with coaster brakes on the rear & the pull brakes on the front. Works out pretty well.

As for the motor mounts...tried running without them & shook me to death on that 4-stroke before this one. The shaking wasn't too bad on the 10 mile ride this afternoon...but without them...wouldn't have been able to even control it...especially with the carpel tunnel in my wrist.

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Is that a 24"er?
Those are 26 X 2.125 on front & back. The bike itself was bought at a big box store almost a year ago for about $149. The frame...seat/handlebar posts are the only thing stock on the bike. Everything else was used to build another bike for another buddy of mine. The cranks are the wide ones for use with a 4-stroke...since that's what was on there.

Checked at the local car/truck tire place which sells solid bike tires. For less than $20 a tire...can get tires which won't give me flat problems. If I had a choice of color other than black...would actually go with blue or purple. The best thing...they're within walking distance of my place.