Muffler advice.

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
There's no way to answer your question without knowing what engine you have and having a photo of your bike. Even then because of the different frame designs there is no way to tell you that you wouldn't have pedal/crank interference.

You'll have to gamble and try it, maybe modify the pipe to fit your particular bike.

Tom

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
Is their any way to bend the muffler to fit with regular tools.
sort of

if it is just a problem with the pedal hitting the muffler, you can use a small round files to elongate the mounting holes just an 8th inch or so to rotate the muffler away from the pedals

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Both those ideas will work, But the PROPER way is to heat the pipe and bend it in a pipe bender. Or you can cut it to size and weld it back together in the proper configuration.
If you don't have a torch or a welder you can try the local muffler shop.
But, Like I said, Both those ideas will work, especially if yer on a budget.
Big Red.

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
Looks like the Arrow Torquer II pipe... at a damn good price too, good find, I'll find this very useful myself. In the meantime, as stated, we cannot say 100% whether or not it will just bolt on. I dont think pedal clearance will be an issue though, as the Torquer II wraps up and around the front of your motor and sits under your seat (from what I've seen). so, for the most part I would say yes, but it really depends on your bike and motor position.

EDIT: upon looking at the Arrow website, that is not the Torquer 2 pipe, though very similar. Closer inspection of the linked pipe looks like it'll come around and sit right around your pedals so as other have stated, pedal clearance could be an issue.

Last edited:

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
Thanks all of you. Would any of you recommend a long muffler?
for power? no, for tone? yeah, I hear it gives a deeper, motorcycle tone, and apparent noise reduction. If you want power, get some sheet metal and pipe, you can get a foot of steel pipe (exhaust temps *can* reach up to 1100F so steel for sure!) and a 4 square foot (2x2) sheet of sheet metal for about $25. Then you can bend the pipe as you wish, and design a custom expansion chamber for good power exactly where you want it. If you find that's too loud (which most are, however the SBP pipe with silencer is pretty damn quiet), you can add a stinger pipe (literally just a pipe that extends out of the wide part of the exhaust) and drastically reduce volume. However the stock muffler is pretty quiet, the wind noise at 35kph easily drowns out my muffler and I cant tell if the motor's even running.