Motorized bike in movies

GoldenMotor.com
Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
Anybody know the type of mb redford is riding in three days of the condor?
This is to my knowlage the only mb in a major motion picture.

" in the movie, Three Days of the Condor, based on the Cold War novel, Six Days of the Condor by James Grady. Turner, played by the brisk and youthful Robert Redford, rides a motorized bicycle to work, running late as normal."
(exerpt from movie cast page)

Although it's in almost a minute of the movie you never get a good look. If any body has this film check it out and let me know

Also intrested in any other mb in movies or tv

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I found out what kind of bike it was, in Three days of the Condor. I read through a copy of the script online, it's a Solex.

Now, I still wish I could get a better view of that motorcycle in "Bedknobs and Broomsticks". I'm still not real sure what it is.

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
Thanks guys this forum is always in the know. Turns out steve mcqueen rode one as did brigitte bardot (wish i could post pics, shes hot). It would be cool to have a photo time line of mbs from say the 1880-today the oldest one ive seen is a english sterling from 1886 ,tiny little frame and huge sandcast engine. One website claimed that the guy who made the wright flyer engine made some bike conversion engines but i cant conferm this .
In racine Wisconsin at the johnson wax corp one of there plant mech. Made some motorized bikes in 1902 for travel around plant ,and the rumor is that may have inspired harley to start up?
And of corse we cant ignore Steven Ropper inventor of the first motorcycle , predating dimler bendz by some time.