motorized bicycle trunk or rear bag

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
I did my latest bag for my motorized bicycle and dyed it black to match my mountain bike. the results I love. here are a couple pictures

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
here is the bike with the trunk attached, the bike is used to go back and forth to work and carry lunch ect, i have a lot of people ask my why not just use a back pack and the reason is we have 12 months of summer and the back makes my back sweat lol. the bag is perfect

Attachments

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Awesome craftsmanship Paul. I've been looking for a leather bag like that for my new DH bike build.
How did you mount it and does it slide around?

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i put it on with velcro straps, does not move at all, that one i used 1/4 straps because little weight in it, the one for the battery i used large 3/4 heavy duty velcro on and again it does not move at all. if done right you can have a very solid mount on your motorized bicycle.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
thanks gear nut, i have done leather work most of my life but always kits that you buy. these bags i have been starting with an idea and making a pattern for my exact needs. it has been fun and a challenge. what got me started was after months of looking and buying bags that were not what i was looking for and the nylon ripping and things like that i decided what the heck i will try to design something simple with thick strong leather that would last forever. in the process been making mistakes but learning with each bag, in the past i used to use patterns that told me what tools to use and the bags i have been just looking for a cool picture and and carving and stamping how i thought it would look good and have been more then happy with the results. i feel i can pretty much make anything now and thinking about my next project to accessorize by motorized bicycle. the picture is just my carving and stamping tools, i have boxes of other tools for putting punching holes, snaps sewing ect.

Attachments