Motorcycle Helmet

GoldenMotor.com

Pinoyxprss

Mar 15, 2011
CA
hello to all, I have been looking for helmet since I built my MB, I have a cruiser and I am looking for a motorcycle helmet. I have purchased two helmet and returned one and stuck with another, the helmet I bought was a half skull helmet and a german style half helmet, both are too big for me, meaning the fitting is right but the shell is too big for my built, I weight around a buck twenty five to thrity and I'm 5'7" very small built. Is there a motorcycle helmet that's about the size of a bicycle helmet and is DOT certified?

Pics would be nice too if anyone in here has same built as me with a motorcycle helmet.

Thanks for any input
JD

Pinoyxprss

Mar 15, 2011
CA
I know the size of my head and everything, I'm just trying to find a helmet thats DOT approved but the shell size is like a bicycle helmet, not too wide for my body.

I saw some novelty helmet but those are not DOT approved but they're the perfect size. about 7" wide not like the motor cycle helmet I bought thats 8"+ wide

Thanks
JD

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Here is a new DOT approved hat I bought for Death Race.....cost $30 at a local motorcycle supply shop. It's very comfortable and much cooler than my full-face helmet.

side view

rear view

front view

dnut

JdubMotorMan

May 9, 2011
los angeles county
hello to all, I have been looking for helmet since I built my MB, I have a cruiser and I am looking for a motorcycle helmet. I have purchased two helmet and returned one and stuck with another, the helmet I bought was a half skull helmet and a german style half helmet, both are too big for me, meaning the fitting is right but the shell is too big for my built, I weight around a buck twenty five to thrity and I'm 5'7" very small built. Is there a motorcycle helmet that's about the size of a bicycle helmet and is DOT certified?

Pics would be nice too if anyone in here has same built as me with a motorcycle helmet.

Thanks for any input
JD

go on Craigs List los angeles and look up DOT helmets in Northridge ... find a guy named Brian ... he sells a lot of them and they're awesome , and very affordable .... I got a full face DOT helmet for $40.00 !

hill8692

Jul 23, 2011
USA
Definitely size should matter a lot before searching for buying a helmet for your motorcycle and the most effective point that you should choose a safe and match helmet for your bike.

Diver

Sep 25, 2010
Seattle
Don't buy a motorcycle helmet. These are are bicycles- you'll enjoy a bicycle helmet more. Motorcycle helmets are heavy, uncomfortable and when you're pedaling (which you WILL do- make you look like some kinda E.T.). You won't get digits and ppl will drive by you and point.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
BMX and Mt. Bike helmets are way lighter then MC helmets and offer great protection.

I use a Motorcycle helmet and dont find it to be real heavy, I am so used to it riding without one just dont feel right. You know who I point at and make fun of, the ones not wearing any helmet.

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
OK, you're forcing me to bring out the Custom 500 again! I too have a rather small cranium...this works out ok, though. It's actually quite lightweight. WAY lighter than the original 500's.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Bicycle helmets are just weird looking IMO...A vintage open face is what I use and it is light and comfy.Plus E.T rocks.

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
get one of those dirtbike type helmets, mostly open face with just the small face guard part on it. picked one up at walmart for around $30

CrazyCatLady

Jun 21, 2011
Tampa Bay
I see there is a lot of emphasis being put on dot ratings, but honestly a dot sticker doesn't necessarily mean squat. Helmet companies put dot stickers on their helmets that they feel will pass the dot test. Dot tesing isn't done until after the helmets are already on the market, only about half will pass the test. So, yeah, I just thought I'd let everyone know. :)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Not to sound disagreeable but find bicycle helmets don't suggest your on more then a bicycle and going 25-35 MPH instead of 10. So cars pull out thinking they have more time.

I have seen some cool looking full MX looking bike helmets that are pretty cheap and look like MC but are the weight and vented like a bicycle helmet.

There are a ton but ones like this; NEW Bell BMX Full Face Youth HELMET ATV BIKE | eBay

I think that is almost as big a safety consideration (warning cars your on a MB and not just a bicycle) as is what it is designed for, protecting yer noggen.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
get one of those dirtbike type helmets, mostly open face with just the small face guard part on it. picked one up at walmart for around $30
Missed your post Skarrd. That's where I saw one! I almost bought that one as a back up. Looked perfect and was really light and comfortable looking. Mine is to warm for summer ridding, so might get one.

Couldn't find it on line but this one is kinda cool; http://www.walmart.com/ip/Vented-Open-Face-Motorcycle-Helmet-Gloss-Black-Large/10258324

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles

Thanks for any input
JD
German CHROME Motorcycle Half Helmet Chopper Biker ~L | eBay

Wm Holden

Jun 1, 2011
Ventura California
I know the size of my head and everything, I'm just trying to find a helmet thats DOT approved but the shell size is like a bicycle helmet, not too wide for my body.

I saw some novelty helmet but those are not DOT approved but they're the perfect size. about 7" wide not like the motor cycle helmet I bought thats 8"+ wide

Thanks
JD
buy the dot sticker....