Motor gutless after new carb was added

GoldenMotor.com

Peter16

Jun 24, 2012
Australia
Basic 66cc china engine on a mountain bike, ran well with the stock NT carb, pulled up hills and flew across the flat.

I purchased a dellorto carb copy, the same type that dax sells as well as everyone else(no fuel mixture scew type) . And now the bike couldn't pull skin off a custard. It simply has no torque or speed, even at idle with a bit of throttle you can hear it bogging down. i can get a recording if it helps.

I sent it back to the distributor because to him it sounded like a dud carb. It ran fine on his bike, Now he wants me to send me engine over for him to fix it. But the motor is still running fine on the stock carb and i feel i should be able to solve the issue myself with the help of you folk.

thanks
Peter

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
As long as you get your money back, I'd just run the NT. They're a proven carburetor and usually trouble free. Jet them right, set the float, give them clean fuel and you'll be happier than struggling with an aftermarket carb. Just my opinion.

Tom

Peter16

Jun 24, 2012
Australia
yeah I still have the stock carb and like i said, its running well on it.
im going to get my clone back and continue to suss it out. Maybe i made a simple error during the installation with the throttle cable or what not...

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
yeah I still have the stock carb and like i said, its running well on it.
im going to get my clone back and continue to suss it out. Maybe i made a simple error during the installation with the throttle cable or what not...
I'm happy with a speed carb. It tunes very similar it a NT, but isn't as touchy about 4 stroking. It also has a much better Idle than the NT, and it's bigger than a DAX