Monark Build 4 stroke shift kit custom tank

GoldenMotor.com

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Thanx guys...I used the liquid tight conduit you recomended Bio...I will get some better photos up tomorrow.....

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
What is "liquid tight conduit" and where did you get it? 3/4"? Is it expensive? I'll be interested to hear how well it holds up.
SB
No, it is the flex exhaust for the builders on a budget lol
< $2 a foot and you could scrounge it for free.
It is galvanized steel and fits just a hair tighter than the stainless flex.

I will put a link here to my post if Motomagz doesn't mind as
I don't want to hijack his build thread.

It turns out that my buddy Motomagz got 12' for free from an electrician.

Read all about the flex exhaust here,
http://motorbicycling.com/f37/exhaust-options-hondagxh50-huesheng-19802-5.html

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
lookin' great, motomagz!

just saw your question about the serial numbers, sorry i missed it before.

mine are on a stamped steel tag riveted under the bottom bracket. the tag could easily be removed, or may fall off over time. i dunno if there's any numbers underneath, as i don't want to rip mine off. pretty lousy system. a thief could just rip the tag off, and if it's lost, you could never accurately date the bike.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
This set up I run now is very smooth.I went with a short cage derailleur and a non mega rang 5 speed freewheel 14-28. The results are very quick shifting from the short cage derailleur and no surging cuz there is no chain slack.Drum brakes seem to get better every day.Thanx guys for the kind words.Oh ya the black silicone piece around the exhaust is gone...it was i case I used the turbo..lol

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Ha ha LOL
please don't tell everyone about the 4 stroke turbo that I will
be racing at Willow Springs....

How about a new pic cause that was the only thing i did
not love about your build and it was not needed.
Here is a photo for you BiMoped.....nice and clean exhaust without the turbo!

Attachments

insomniacshotrods

Sep 26, 2008
Wow! You hit it out of the park . Sweet, hows the four stroke power compare to an 66cc 2 stroke? I thought about building a bike with this power plant ,but not sure if its worth the extra bucks.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Wow! You hit it out of the park . Sweet, hows the four stroke power compare to an 66cc 2 stroke? I thought about building a bike with this power plant ,but not sure if its worth the extra bucks.
Thanx...I like the 4 strokes and with the shift kit it is lots of fun.I started with a 2 stroke they just vibrated to much for me at the time.That was years ago,the 2 strokes have come a long way since forums like this have been collecting knowledge.It is pretty much a personal choice between the 2 and the 4 stroke.But I will stick with my 4 stroke!dance1

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Well my last thing to do was get my lights mounted.I used the Electra seat bag to hold the RC battery which I get about 5 hrs on.The front light is a high powered P7 led and the back is a Q5(I think).They are both running off of a constant current regulator which is in the headlight.Super bright and cheap!!

Recumbentbill the bushing is stil doing fine...no problems at all.

Attachments

MaxPower

Jul 1, 2009
Sierra Vista AZ
cool light. real classic look. I gutted an old bicycle light and replaced it with a 2 million candle power spot light innards. did you do something similar or did you buy the light already assembled?