Missing Clutch Ball Bearing

GoldenMotor.com

Prof Fate

Aug 19, 2008
St.Louis (Brentwood), MO
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am in to process of upgrading to my bike with a SBP shift kit. As I finished assembling it, I discovered that my clutch actuator lever arm had no (zero) resistance. I could move the arm freely as I found that it wasn’t touching the pin at all. I searched and found the exploded diagram of the clutch and learned of the small ball bearing that the pin pushes. I had been careful not loose the pin but didn't realize that it was holding in a tiny ball bearing.

It is long gone and all I have to show for it now is an incredibly clean garage floor.
Where in the world do I find a replacement for that?
For the want of a nail…

broHSI

Jul 27, 2009
USA, CA
Clutch Ball Bearing = 8mm = 5/16" which is about the same size as the pin

Ace Hardware had 5/16" Ball Bearings

Prof Fate

Aug 19, 2008
St.Louis (Brentwood), MO
Thanks broHSI. I had already tried Lowe's and Grainger with no luck. I called the Ace a quarter mile from my house and the young kid said no, they don't carry them. Then I called another Ace a few miles away and the old guy said sure we got em. Which really means - that my neighborhood store has them but the kid just didn't feel like looking.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Which really means - that my neighborhood store has them but the kid just didn't feel like looking.
Local True Value is getting like that if none of the old timers is around. Been going there for so many years I know what they have more then the young kids that the owner has to hire do.
Was there picking up something and I over hear someone asking one of the kids if they had some obscure item. Obviously the kid had no idea what the person wanted so they just said no they didn't have it. I piped up and said they did and took the kid and the customer over to where it was.

I miss the good old hardware stores with the wooden floors that are so old they have nuts, bolts, screws and nails embedded in them.