Mikuni Carb for GXH50?

GoldenMotor.com

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
There should be calculators online, be certain it is a 4 stroke carb (you prolly already know that).

If its for a similar size motor, try it and go from there.

If it is a larger than stock venturi you need larger than stock jets cause you'll have less "vacuum" (actually less atmospheric velocity) i.e. it takes bigger jets to get you the same amount of fuel:air in a bigger carb.

Floats are typically set to turn the fuel off when the flat top of the float is level.

As a general rule, bigger carbs give you more top but you get less reliable idle.

All of these are subject to variables.

Cheers! And Let us know! Evan

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
I was hoping the new Carb. would arrive today but alas no such luck. In a cost cutting measure the mail delivery on campus has been cut back to just two days a week (Tue. & Thurs.) during the off summer months. Anyway I started making the new adapter/manifold that will allow this clamp-on carb to mount to the GXH50. I was going to buy the one shown in the photo below but could not find a supplier here in the US. I found a supplier in Canada but after the shipping and other various sur charges I figured I could make it myself for alot less money.

I've also been spending some time doing searches for information about setting up one of these carburetors and thankfully there is alot of information and parts available. A great source for both information and parts for these carburetors is SUDCO just 50 miles north of me in Northridge, CA. Anyone interested in HP Carbs, either 2-stroke or 4-stroke should check out this site. Sudco International - Modern and Vintage Replacment and Performance parts for Street Bikes, Dirt Bikes, ATVs and Personal Watercraft

ocscully

Attachments

hondabicycle

Aug 14, 2011
Greeley, CO
I did some research on this a while back when ordering my Honda gsx50, sickbikeparts 4 stroke shift kit and a macargi 7 speed.
I working on just dialing everything in while waiting for the G4 tranny. like throttle and shifting. I removed the grip shifter and bought a used in new condition shimano trigger shifter and V-brake all in one. Works perfect.
Theres a carb place where you send them your carb and they charge almost 200 bucks to drill a hole in the front part of the carb and tap and thread a custom jet directly.
I also looked into the carb for the gx100 honda as its the same carb with bigger jets.
I try to find the web site about the custom jet job.

hondabicycle

Aug 14, 2011
Greeley, CO
I was hoping the new Carb. would arrive today but alas no such luck. In a cost cutting measure the mail delivery on campus has been cut back to just two days a week (Tue. & Thurs.) during the off summer months. Anyway I started making the new adapter/manifold that will allow this clamp-on carb to mount to the GXH50. I was going to buy the one shown in the photo below but could not find a supplier here in the US. I found a supplier in Canada but after the shipping and other various sur charges I figured I could make it myself for alot less money.

I've also been spending some time doing searches for information about setting up one of these carburetors and thankfully there is alot of information and parts available. A great source for both information and parts for these carburetors is SUDCO just 50 miles north of me in Northridge, CA. Anyone interested in HP Carbs, either 2-stroke or 4-stroke should check out this site. Sudco International - Modern and Vintage Replacment and Performance parts for Street Bikes, Dirt Bikes, ATVs and Personal Watercraft

ocscully
Hey ocscully!
Whats the place in Canada that has the attached picture of the alluminum billuts? My CH 80 carb is comming and I'm looking to make a manifold. Any other resources would be greatly appreciated.
Se Ya Later:-||
Thanks