Meet "Patience"

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Meet "Patience"........

I picked this JC Higgins up at an antique barn near our house for $45.oo for 2-years I've been stashing this frame deeper and deeper behind stuff at the barn then my Wife snuck up behind me the last time and said "If you aren't going to buy it quit hiding it" well first of all my wife is a good sneaker upper and she scared the ba'gibee's out of me , so I bought it.
Just a frame, Head Badge, Schwinn Crank & chain wheel for those of you who really believe that sometime a bike can talk to you this one constantly told me "be Patient with me it's been a while since any one showed me any love so it will take some time for us to hook up" then at times I heard " you passed me by for two years now you wanna have something to do with me well then it's going to be my way!"

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
First of all Patience let me know he had to get cleaned up before we could be buddies and that he needed a new pair of shoes and he didn't want cheap! ones either so we got 12 gauge spokes up front and 11 gauge spokes in the rear oh! and a Shimano CB E-110 rear brake hub, Avenir thorn proof tubes motorcycle rim strips and some cream color 26x2.125" tires just incase he decide's if? he wants an engine later in the friendship so his shoes were powder coated and built by a buddy of mine who owns House Of Bicycles in Palmdale Ca.

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Patience doesn't want just any kind of duds, for a 67 year old dude he wants to LOOK GOOOOOD!! so I let him pick out a few things for his dress attire
like a Nickle plated Chain, Gyes Sprung leather Beach Cruiser seat ( excuse me Saddle!) Wald Chain Wheel just to start, he wasn't happy with the suite I chose and told me to stop looking for Basement Bargain stuff off the rack so we started over and got a PERFECT! Black Tuxedo with a Beautiful! Cream Color Bow Tie & Cuff's.

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
So off to market we went and started with the accessories of course Patience was in charge so all I could do was just stand there and sign the checks then finally he told me it was time that we get this show on the road and get dressed in a more fitting manor for a 67 yr old Gentalman.

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Ladies And Gentlemen Introducing "PATIENCE" A Bike Of The Ages and Now My New Friend.

So now Patience has informed me that it's time to step out of the dressing room and strut around in an attire befitting a 67 yr old Gentleman he also told me that we could now be friends.

Oh! and he wants a Girl friend and more bling (a pair of front struts)

Attachments

Last edited:

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Oh my word that's one beautiful bike, - or with Patience being a 'he' I should say 'handsome' instead.

That's a magnificent head badge too. Once upon a time head badges were really something and bespoke a maker's pride in their product. Now you're lucky if you get a cheap sticker (sigh).

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
They say patience is a virtue , we'll I'd like to include that patience is a thing of beauty , just be aware the next thing he will want is personal security .
What a great build , my cruiser is belle and seems like she has the same nature , just look after him , mongrel thieves stole my belle the other day ,thank god she has an attitude and wouldn't start for the idiots , got her back after an hour of worry.
Are you going to fit a power plant to him

Regards Henshooter

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I have my own head badges but haven't used but one so far because I put a Nickle on it to depict the year so with that being said I need a 1909, 2-1911 and a 1936 Indian Head Nickle.

Patience didn't want one but as soon as he isn't looking I'm going to put one on the seat post HE! HE! HE!

Here is a couple of pic's of mine, they are 100 percent Copper.

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Don't know yet? Patience say's he wants a girlfriend and I found 1947 on Ebay for $34.oo +$34.oo to ship She's got a little more stuff on her then Patience but still he would look good with a girl sitting next to him.

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
I have my own head badges but haven't used but one so far because I put a Nickle on it to depict the year so with that being said I need a 1909, 2-1911 and a 1936 Indian Head Nickle.

Patience didn't want one but as soon as he isn't looking I'm going to put one on the seat post HE! HE! HE!

Here is a couple of pic's of mine, they are 100 percent Copper.
I'm a metal detector Trukd , in Au so the chances of me finding any are slim ....however if you ask the metal detecting community by posting a vid on YouTube with metal detecting in the title and explaining what you want and why they would be all to happy to help IMHO ,their a great community all to willing to help out someone in need of something , let me know if you do and I'll share it with my 100 odd subscribers

Regards Henshooter

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
WOW! patience is going to be one beautiful motorized bicycle, very nice work, clean and something to be proud of, your patience definitely paid off. again very nice

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
This is KOOOOL love your badges. And yes he needs a girlfriend,that would be neet. Sure did a nice lob on him.............Curt