Making it up as I go

GoldenMotor.com

Heretic

Mar 13, 2013
burlington vt
Was about half way in to this build when I came across this sight.
Lot's a cool stuff you guys are doing here. This is my second time around at
this, would you believe I built the first one from start to finish thinking I was
the only wing-nut in to this crap.
So to start with here's a shot of the first one "Rust Bucket"

That one has an old 2stroke from a snow thrower and just about everything
else is old or hand made.
So this time thought I'd try a brigg's 5 hp.

Made myself a frame.......Then changed it two or three times.
I have less of plan more of a guideline, Old crap is good. Really old crap is better. And if I can make a part instead of buying it do it.

And a few more odds and ends.

Heretic

Mar 13, 2013
burlington vt
I've been very proud of myself...not stolen one part off the old bike to put on the new one.

Most the parts on it are just for mock-up.but Idid start the forks.

The strut is back in the lathe, but should be done soon.

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
Heresy!

“-)

As in you’ve got a nice original building style and a couple of great looking bikes going!

Welcome to the forum & thanks for sharing.

btw, Nice “little” workshop too. Ha!

-Kirk

Heretic

Mar 13, 2013
burlington vt
Thanks, I'd like to say its my shop but I really just work there. Fixing the locomotives.
been there 12 years now and made it to shop foreman.The best part is they tolerate
my weirdness and endless need to build stuff.
Oh and we can fit five locos in our little shop.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
locomotives...the perfect name for what they are! don't be afraid to show them too.[please!] we are mostly gearheads and enjoy weirdness as much as anyone if not a little more. dennis

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Damn, I like your shop! I'm really digging, the bikes are really impressive ( old 1970's saying for really cool builds ), really would like to hear what your builds sound like, can you post a video of them?

Here's Doug's train horn on a bicycle, try not to piss your pants, he's really outthere my kinda motorized bicycle builder!

http://youtu.be/8CxqAzATghU

Enjoy the video!

Again, thanks for joining the forum Heretic, really enjoying your build!

Peace Crazy Horse.

bulljo

Jan 5, 2013
orange county
Hey heretic hows it going, how much chedder would it take for you to build me one of thos BTR's you have in the third pic you haave posted? Im talking frame with headset, pegs and a place to put a wheel in the back. Ill do forks, engine mounts, and tank...just name a number in which you think it would be worth doing. Thanks

Joseph

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I like the Rust Bucket. It looks very much like post WW1 European lightweights. How far are you from Chicago? Can I fit it in a suitcase? I'm coming over in July.......

Heretic

Mar 13, 2013
burlington vt
Thank's for asking about a frame, but my time is in such short supply right now I don't think I could get to it in a reasonable amount of time. but things change so don't be shy about asking again sometime.

Heretic

Mar 13, 2013
burlington vt
This weekend my wife went to visit her parents, and I learned I no longer have the ability to tell when I've been tinkering for an unreasonable amount of time.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Tinkering
"The ability to express an un-limited amount of talent and Genious without the conceipt to display any time constraints"