Maine

GoldenMotor.com

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
Not much chance for MB riding in winter.
I did make a set of studded tires for mine one winter and rode it around on the lake. That was fun.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
I wish it would snow down here, I want to try my bike in the cold and in the snow. That would be sooo fun...It has snowed here once in u.s history. The year i was born.....rotfl

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
I wish it would snow down here, I want to try my bike in the cold and in the snow. That would be sooo fun...It has snowed here once in u.s history. The year i was born.....rotfl
It's not nearly as fun to ride these in the snow as it is in the summer... I don't ride mine in winter, except when I throw it on the bike rack and bring to the lake with screws in the tires.

Also, I had my bike tuned to run well when warmed up, at half+ throttle opening. Getting it started at 0 deg was a little difficult...
I could lean up the mixture though because it was so cold it kept the engine temp up a bit actually, was a good thing. Goes like **** in the cold!

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
rotfl Yeah, ever tried the zipties around the tube, in between each spoke? I heard that make the tire get great traction.

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
rotfl Yeah, ever tried the zipties around the tube, in between each spoke? I heard that make the tire get great traction.
Maybe it helps with traction in the snow... But it wouldn't help any with side to side traction. Like turning... Ever ride in snow and have your front wheel slip to the side? you end up in a snow bank. If you're lucky....

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Looking to move to PRTLND in less than a year! D.C. area has got the better of my wife and I! Fell in love with PRTLND a year ago and have been planning the move ever since! My wife is from a small island in New Brunswick, Canada of the coast of Maine called Grand Manan. Both of us love the coast and are ready to make the move! My build of a MB has it in mind! Hopefully, we can meet up sometime if all goes well in the future! Dirt track sounds fun!