Ludwig

GoldenMotor.com

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I'm Ludwig, in Birmingham, UK. I'm not grey haired (where it still grows) but I have the most magnificent silver highlights.

Been riding and racing motorcycles for years and years and years, and enjoyed most of it apart from those occasions when Mother Tarmac came up to meet me.

All along the way I had a sense of dissatisfaction with the weight, size, complexity of the machines I was using, and it's come to me that I'd really like a cyclemotor for small urban trips.

Coupled with admiration for the dawn age spartan simplicity of board trackers and their European equivalents, it was inevitable that I would eventually wander through the jungle of the internet and find myself in a clearing of friendly natives who held some of my beliefs.

So I'm here, and I give you my 8 year old artwork to love or loathe:

Attachments

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Welcome Ludwig II, im digging your artwork. It has some similarities with Big Boy Cycles, here it is just in case you havent seen them, they are very nice bikes. http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=36428

I know the perfect tank for your drawing,being from England you may be aware of the English built engines "Villiers", and Villiers engines can be found in Villiers/Atco cylinder mowers, however im not 100% sure if the Atco mowers are English or Australian so im not sure of the availability over there, but they are not that hard to find over here.

http://www.vintagemowers.net/main_files/atco_villiers.jpg

Heres one of those tanks on an unfinished bike i have

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Atco were English. I'm settled on the idea of making a simple little cyclemotor now, but the dream of a nice old tourer still lingers. Having said that, I know somebody with a 1922 2 stroke bike which I'd love to try out.

Wonder what he'd take for it?

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Taking over? That implies responsibility.....

Love Harry's Whippet, skeletal and light. , for me it's a direction I like.