Looking for a frame for a 212 preditor 4 stroke

GoldenMotor.com

Sugga sugga

Jan 25, 2016
Fargo
I have a preditor 212 kit that I'm looking for a frame for. I would perfer a chopper style bike some thing comfortable for longer trips any ideas would be welcome

gooseneck

Nov 27, 2015
concord, ca. usa
HF in a flyer I got in the mail the other day, $100.00 for the 212cc. I think I may have to pick one up for a future build.
Micargi's are nice, but from what I have read they need added gussets and such for strength. I am not sure what engines fit though. search around here they have quite of few of these builds.
just now found this for ya.
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=59434

Last edited:

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
The motor is the least expensive part of the build, wait till you purchase the rest of the items that will be needed. Great brakes are the first things you should be looking for.

harvesterofsorrow

Feb 14, 2012
Seattle, WA
What he said ^^^. You will spend more on the appointments than the frame and the motor. I would be planning out the rest of your project alongside the power plant.

Post up what you decide for a frame none-the-less.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
There's almost nothing you can use on a stock bicycle for a 212cc build apart from the frame and the very small parts. Chuck the wheels and expect to spend $300 or more if you don't build them yourself to have decent front and rear brakes and tires.

Also when you get up past 40mph there isn't very much that will be comfortable on bicycle tires for more than 15 miles. and the 212cc will definitely take you past 40. Look into rear suspension, fat tires or motorcycle tires you can run at lower PSI, and large springs for the saddle. Riding without much rear suspension made my healthy spine tingle after days with as little as 30 miles ride time.