Longest ride?

GoldenMotor.com

bonefish

May 7, 2018
My longest ride was from Naples Fl. to Jacksonville Fl. a distance of 357 miles. It was on a china girl and took me days to do it. After Jacksonville Fl. I found a trucker who let me put my motorbicycle in the back of his truck and dropped me off in Asheville NC.

Reactions: Jarrod

dogcatcher

Nov 11, 2016
Texas
I have dreams of doing a "motorized bike" tour of America, coast to cost. Anyone ever try something like that?
Search Google for the "George Wyman Memorial Ride" . While on Google search for bicycle rides across America blogs. People do the ride all the time, some write elaborate blogs about the trips they have made.

Reactions: Jarrod

Jarrod

Jun 13, 2019
What's the longest ride you've taken?

My longest was nearly 100 miles, give or take.

I pedaled and coasted and when I was running it, I wasn't going hard.

It took around 6 hours.

On the bike I have now (see my avatar) I do regular "one tank trips" @ 50 miles or so each. It's a lot easier to pedal home.
I rode a motorized bicycle across America this year Florida to California and back. Is that far

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
"George Wyman Memorial Ride" What most don't realize is George road his mostly on rails road ties, because roads where all mud and ruts, back in the days. Really a must read story..........Curt

Reactions: Jarrod and fasteddy

Jarrod

Jun 13, 2019
"George Wyman Memorial Ride" What most don't realize is George road his mostly on rails road ties, because roads where all mud and ruts, back in the days. Really a must read story..........Curt
Read it again on the trip fact great read great history too.
He was also a 26 year old professional cyclists. Nobody can ride on top of railroad ties ,he rode the railroad service roads . The one's they used to build the railroad, people where already traveling by bicycle.

Reactions: curtisfox

Jarrod

Jun 13, 2019
A few years back, I had a customer tell me that he rode one of my 49cc 4-stroke bikes from Los Angeles to Oregon & back...
(roughly 700 miles each way)!
I've heard similar things too. I never questioned them either though. It sounds like it would be a really cool trip .