Links to where I can get replacement 49mm top end

GoldenMotor.com

Rusty_Nail

Oct 11, 2019
My new Samger 100cc is breaking in well so far. But I like having a replacement top end for the engine on hand in case I need to replace it (strip something out etc). But the only ones I've been able to find have the iron sleeve. Is there a link to one that doesn't have the iron sleeve? Or do all 49mm replacement top ends have iron sleeves? The other thing I need help with is the new carburetor I got leaks around the bowl like crazy. I think it's because the gasket inside feels like it's made from cork, not rubber. What can I do to stop the leaking? Can I use high temp oil-resistant gasket maker instead?

Reactions: fasteddy

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I have no idea about the 49mm bore cyl. question since all I have seen personally is the iron sleeved ones also and I have 2 or 3 of them myself, but have not run one yet since I havent had time to do the port work on one.

As to you carb. leak question,

as long as you use a soft set sealant that is fuel resistant, just a very thin skim of it on both sides of the gasket, may fix your leak issue if the fuel bowl isnt warped really bad wnd the reason for the leak.

what type carb are you running ?

My new Samger 100cc is breaking in well so far. But I like having a replacement top end for the engine on hand in case I need to replace it (strip something out etc). But the only ones I've been able to find have the iron sleeve. Is there a link to one that doesn't have the iron sleeve? Or do all 49mm replacement top ends have iron sleeves? The other thing I need help with is the new carburetor I got leaks around the bowl like crazy. I think it's because the gasket inside feels like it's made from cork, not rubber. What can I do to stop the leaking? Can I use high temp oil-resistant gasket maker instead?

Rusty_Nail

Oct 11, 2019
I think it’s just the cheap Chinese version of the speed carb. Just has symbols on it. But has a red air box cover. Are the iron sleeves more fault proof? Just never used one is all.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Mapbike and I bought iron sleeve pistons and cylinders about the same time last spring, I built an engine using the 49mm iron sleeve cylinder. They require a lot of work to run, you need a degree wheel to set the port timing, you also have to hone the cylinder to get piston clearance. That cylinder upgrade is designed for the more advanced builder with the tools and equipment to set it up right. I missed the mark on mine, I too much top end and very little low end power.

Reactions: mapbike

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Mapbike and I bought iron sleeve pistons and cylinders about the same time last spring, I built an engine using the 49mm iron sleeve cylinder. They require a lot of work to run, you need a degree wheel to set the port timing, you also have to hone the cylinder to get piston clearance. That cylinder upgrade is designed for the more advanced builder with the tools and equipment to set it up right. I missed the mark on mine, I too much top end and very little low end power.

I still haven't tried one of the iron sleeve 49mm cyl. yet but yes sir I agree that they are not plug and play, piston hangs up in the bottom of all mine and ports are terrible.

im gonna try one of them eventually, but I sure dont thinl much of the quality of that sleeve job they do on them.