Lighting system from Walmart

GoldenMotor.com

sofasurferlinux

Jun 24, 2009
Davison, Mi
I was at Walmart today. Bought a headlight/taillight set. Taillight runs on 2 AAA batteries. The headlight runs on 4 AA batteries.
Now, I agree that littles batteries are not the idea power source for a motor biker, but I can take them back in a day or 2 if I don't want them. I've attached some pictures.
But my question is, can I run them off my white wire? I don't want to just try it without your advice cause if I screw up....
The headlight has a normal light setting, a LED (blue) and a flasher setting. The taillight is on steady or there is like 3 differant flasher settings.

Attachments

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i would say no,if you add up the batteries it = 9volts
our mag puts out around 6volts @ 3watts and 0.5amps.

but you can try it and see if the engine stays running with the lights on.

Last edited:

TheMotheMan

Jun 14, 2009
Southern Minnesota
you can probably run them, LEDs are not going to pull 500 miliamps at 6 volts. the worst that is going to happen is they'll be a bit dimmer with the 6v wire than with the batteries. and if they do draw more than 500 mil then I'd very surprised. I don't know the specific draw of current at 9v, but I'm gonna bet it is much much lower than .5 amps otherwise those little AA's wouldn't last. My bet they will draw even less current at 6v.