LA 'Venice to Manhattan' Ride 1/8/12

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
We're hosting another LA ride... This time from Venice Pier to Manhattan Beach & back on Sunday 1/8/12
(I don't have another birthday for quite a while; so I promise not to be too hung over for this one)!! :rolleyes:

We'll meet at Venice Pier @ 10am & ride out @ 10:30 sharp.

BE THERE!!! (or be square) (^)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Wow, California to New York? That's a cruise. Have fun, take plenty of fuel :) Be sure to watch the Weather Channel. Might be cold back east.

Tom

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Well it looks like I won't be making it up this time....the timing is just a little off unfortunately. We will be up in LA on the following Thursday (1-12-12) and I'm not sure for how long. One of these days I'll make it up for a ride.....

dnut

vintagebiker

Nov 12, 2011
Southern Calif.
I'm thinking about going but I didn't want to say I would be there until I was sure I could make it.

Also, I hate to sound like a wimp about it, but what route would you guys take?
I'm not crazy about riding my 25 mph bike on busy highways where the traffic is zooming by at 55 + mph only inches away from bike riders.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
I am planning on coming to this ride. I am still trying to figure out how early to leave my house in order to arrive in Venice at 10 am. I live in Hollywood and will taking the streets all the way. I think I will go down Wilton south to Washington Blvd. and then head west on Washington.

The ride to the "ride" will probably be longer than the planned "ride". I guess I should give myself 90 minutes, but I am not sure, I have never really done this long of a ride, so breakdowns seem possible.

Anyway, if I make it all the way there, I really look foward to meeting Norm, and riding with CCC, and Buba, and Vintagebiker, and whoever else shows up.

Gilbert

Blake84

Jul 15, 2011
miracle mile los angeles
Grebebes I am coming from Wilshire and labrea and prob leaving at 9:30. I think 45-50 minutes would be enough for u from Hollywood. Can't wait to meet everyone it's my first ride

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I am planning on coming to this ride. I am still trying to figure out how early to leave my house in order to arrive in Venice at 10 am. I live in Hollywood and will taking the streets all the way. I think I will go down Wilton south to Washington Blvd. and then head west on Washington.

The ride to the "ride" will probably be longer than the planned "ride". I guess I should give myself 90 minutes, but I am not sure, I have never really done this long of a ride, so breakdowns seem possible.

Anyway, if I make it all the way there, I really look foward to meeting Norm, and riding with CCC, and Buba, and Vintagebiker, and whoever else shows up.

Gilbert
we can meet on Venice and overland and ride together if that works.

I have a extra bike if someone wants to ride...

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Thank you to all who showed up... We had 11 riders show up, & Jenn & I clocked 37.5 miles total! (^)
Here's a pic of our first stop at 'The Shack' in Playa Del Rey...

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
buba here

thanks norm for pulling together a great ride

ccc your cruiser is truly an awesome example of your design -build- and fabrication skills

great to meet the new riders -- spread the word

ride safe

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
I'm really sorry I missed this ride. The wife sort of put a stop to the whole motorized bicycle thing for me. It was semi-alright when I was building it, but now that it runs, she feels if I ride it I will surely die. Maybe sometime later I can ride with you guys, but not anytime soon.

Gilbert