kings motors gt 80

GoldenMotor.com

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
i just got done with 1st year tear down, took engine apart to see about wear to jug, piston,rings.looked great considering how hard i run it.i push 35 40 a lot,.some pretty long runs.i also made the port in the piston a lot larger,and i shaved the head some more.mods that i have been wanting to do for a while.LOTS more tork .pulls way harder.i made the port way to small in my first test.im still running the stock jetting and the tune on the carb now is telling me i need to go bigger.i know that some people dont like this motor much...and i now understand why,but mine has run hard for a long time.i also greased the wheel bearings,mounted the saddle bags.moved the tail light,and did some wireing.

mobike91

Sep 14, 2010
lebanon, oregon
I just read this long post. I like the reviews. Iv had my kings gt80 engine now for over a year. I ported the transfers going into the case, matched them at the jug, ported a huge window on the piston, made a light exhaust relief ramping on the piston, filed the end of the rings a smidge. Opened the intake up a tad, opened the exhaust up a tad bit. It has the reed cage with 16mm Keihn carb. Not sure of jetting. I have a 30tooth sprocket on it currently. I built my own x pipe from a ktm 125 pipe, its massive. Lol. I pedal to about 10 mph then use the engine clutch from there. After about 20 mph the engine wakes up and takes off straight to 45 mph. I know it has the most powerband at 39 mph tho, it holds 39 at half throttle, then needs full throttle to get to the 45. I'm running this on a 700c style bike with tires at 50psi. So not hardly any resistance and I'm 180lbs. Iv got about 800 miles on it and my magneto just quite working so Iv got 5 more coming lol.

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
im glad to see someone haveing as much fun as i am with this kit.if the reviews for gas bike/kings motors/raw motors wasent so bad i might have bought another.i realy like the tork and the speed i get from this kit.plus its been super reliable.this bike is my only transportation,rain snow,and days like this one,74 degrees and sun shine.

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
Sorry I've been gone for so long,my lap top gave up.im still rideing my gt 80 powered cruiser bike.remember it's my daily driver.ive put around 2000 miles on it now.the only thing that has happened is it decided to eat the crome of the jug but I think it was my fault.i was low on 2 cycle oil and ran it any way.lesson learned.i had an old engine under the bench that a friend gave me and pulled the jug from,did my best to Port and stuck it on.no third port.it might be stronger,faster than it used to be.i will never bad mouth a gt 80 engine.i cruise at 35 and top out around 43.thats every day,rain,snow,day or night.i ride pretty hard and I love this bike