Juke urban legend ad?

GoldenMotor.com

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
Hi, Anyone else having a problem that while that 'juke urban legand' ad is playing, IE slows to a crawl (About 1 scroll per second.. Or less) untill its finished moving? Really hard to select a subforum with everything so laged up. never seen any other flash ads that slow my PC down like this, And everything goes back to normal after the ad stops moving (about 30 seconds)

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
After googling and finding many other people having serious problems with that ad on other websites, I found a solution...

Just added this website to IE's 'Restricted site' list.
It $#%!lists all flash this way (Basicly JUST that junk ad! as far as I can tell) While leaving all the 100% behaved and ONTOPIC bike gif based ads that I really don't mind.. And actualy think are kinda cool.

Really, Advertising a car on a bike site when the ad doesnt even work, Fills me with total confidence at thier ability to build a working car. Not.

(Juke urban legend ad is some kinda lame car ad with lightning in the backround and 1fps animation, No reason at ALL it should even be able to lag a I7 920 based PC with 6gigs ram)

PS: If you add this website to the internet options, Privacy, 'Sites' list for cookies, you can still stay loged in and use 'remember me'

PPS: Site admins: More awsome ontopic gif based bike ads! less random abusive google flash ads please.

Last edited:

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
I'm not seeing that ad. I use FireFox with adblock+ and that would explain me not seeing it. I also tried it in IE, where I have NO add-ons, and I still didn't see the ad you are referring to.

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
Yea, because you are allready blocking all the ads. I only block those ads that try and attack my browser, Out of respect for the websites they pay for.

Ended up having to remove the site from 'restricted sites' list as I could not get it to 'remember me' on login.
Did however find this page: How to Remove Google Text Ads that got rid of it.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
yeah, i get the same thing. it was that ad, a lance armstrong ad, and one for time warner cable. i think it was all the same ad tied together. as soon as it came on, my computer would basically stop.

i'd hit control-alt-delete, then end the iexplore process to kill it.

42blue15

Sep 18, 2008
St Louis metro, USA
I use Firefox and not IE, mainly because I can get the NoScript and FlashBlock plugins for Firefox. I never saw that ad. :)

I have very few sites that are cleared in both those plugins--and no, motorbicycling isn't one of them.

Most of the ads here still seem to show up anyway, but small gif ads is not what I am trying to avoid, at least while browsing with the desktop PC.

-------

I would also warn the website admin that you need to strip out all the fluff for internet-capable phones.

Displaying them on a desktop or laptop PC is nothing, but all these flashing Gifs drag a phone to its knees, and they are illegible on a tiny screen anyway. (phones disregard Flash anyway, since none of them can show it yet)

When you get the capability, you need to get rid of ALL the gifs--at least for mobile browsers.
~