Jackshaft drive chain tension

GoldenMotor.com

LeTweek

Nov 16, 2012
Oregon
My project:
Mounting new Skyhawk motor onto a Greenline cruiser with a used jackshaft kit from Paul Sick.
The chain tension on the short 415 drive chain, is too loose and then too tight during one revolution. This makes me sad. :( I swapped out the Skyhawk drive cog and - same thing. I now suspect that axle/shaft thing is bent? Has anybody swapped/replaced that shaft or axle [or whatever it is] successfully?
I have the parts to do this but would appreciate some advice before I start tearing things apart.

Thanx

larry57

Mar 20, 2012
st james ctiy ,fl
My project:
Mounting new Skyhawk motor onto a Greenline cruiser with a used jackshaft kit from Paul Sick.
The chain tension on the short 415 drive chain, is too loose and then too tight during one revolution. This makes me sad. :( I swapped out the Skyhawk drive cog and - same thing. I now suspect that axle/shaft thing is bent? Has anybody swapped/replaced that shaft or axle [or whatever it is] successfully?
I have the parts to do this but would appreciate some advice before I start tearing things apart.

Thanx
has to be a bent jack shaft ,,buy used get used,,you get it from sick bike parts ?? they'll stand by there stuff dance1

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
I doubt it is the jackshaft or the 17 tooth sprocket. Sadly we are all victim to poor Quality control in China. We have had many customer experience the same thing. It is usually an out of round engine output sprocket or the drive shaft.

However if the kit is used who knows what the condition of things are in but I would still bet a jackshaft and a 17 tooth sprocket it is on the engine side of things. One way to check is remove the small crank shaft dive gear or the large clutch gear and spin the shaft you should pretty easily be able to see the engine output sprocket wobble.