Issues with rpms

GoldenMotor.com

Three0Two

Aug 4, 2021
Bike runs good but when clutch is pulled in the idle is fine but all of a sudden my RPMs will go up as well as when I’m riding at a steady throttle pace it will speed up and sometimes I cannot kill my engine because of how fast it’s goingI have already checked for leaks and I don’t think there’s any I even put former gasket around with the carburetor needs the intake manifold and I have no luck

Lone Wolf

Jul 28, 2021
It sounds more like the slide inside the carb is sticking. What are you using as far as the ratio of your gas and oil mixture? You might not be putting enough oil in your gas.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
It sounds more like the slide inside the carb is sticking. What are you using as far as the ratio of your gas and oil mixture? You might not be putting enough oil in your gas.
If the slide was sticking it wouldn't speed up on its own, if riding along and the engine starts reving on it own it is either getting more fuel or air. Check for fuel residue around the cylinder base, head and intake to cylinder. Rarely the case gasket will leak, look for wet spots .

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Also look for fuel under both side covers, the seals on the crankshaft are known to leak. The seal behind the magnet is thinner and is the most common one to leak.

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Sounds very much like an air leak, check for leaks around the head gasket. One good way to check is to start the engine, then put your hand close to the head and see if you can feel any air shooting out from anywhere around the head gasket.

Reactions: Three0Two