Is this a good deal

GoldenMotor.com

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
I use a dellorto clone carburetor. It flows real good and I think it is better than the stock NT carb so I recommend it. That pipe is ok but an expansion pipe will give you better performance. It looks like a stock pipe with a long header, not much of an upgrade from stock, just a longer stock pipe. The head is an upgrade from stock and I have never used one of those but probably not as good as a Fred Head. It might have better compression than stock but I don't expect it to run cooler than stock and might even run hotter since it has no large fins to dissipate the heat, also, it says that it is used. It also says "sprocket adapter" but all I see in the picture is a standard rag joint set-up, no picture of a sprocket adapter. The CDI is a stock one and I highly recommend you go to the auto parts store and put on a high quality spark plug boot, those plastic ones suck! It says nothing about the engine except that it is an 80cc, so I assume it is an ebay cheap one without a balanced crank. I would say the upgrades on this are minimal. Is it worth $150? Well, I wouldn't buy it, but it's not grossly overpriced, you could probably talk him down though.

Last edited:

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
not a bad deal, but why the missing items, why the sale of the new parts??!!??

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Thank You Tyler6357..This is a well thought out answer.does the engines from gasbike have the balanced cranks i wonder?
Crassius,no clue why this sale..what are Ya thinking,a reason fer haggling maybe?

If its this motor how does one know if balanced...

http://www.gasbike.net/collections/...cts/silver-slant-66cc-80cc-bicycle-engine-kit
If it has a balanced crank they will usually tell you it has a balanced crank, if it doesn't say I would guess the answer is no. Dax sells 69cc engines with balanced cranks---> http://thatsdax.com/ENGINE_KIT_PARTS_PAGE_1.html
I got one of them over 1200 miles ago and it's still running strong.

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
It's definitely not a super deal and I think you'd be better off buying from one of our vendors so you have someone to go back to if there is an issue.

I doubt if anyone at gasbike knows what a crank is, let alone a balanced crank.

my three cents