Indian Tadpole

GoldenMotor.com

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Steve, that looks fantastic!!! Its definitaly going to pass for period correct. I wonder how many folks going to tell ya their Dad had one (Just like it).
brillo pads, tuna cans. proof we are members of the No price is TOO small club
Once again Steve that engine is sure PURDY!
Rick

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Thanks Rick,
I'm figuring that when I'm passing them at 60 and with Silverbear sitting in the seat screaming they will never notice it's not real. :) Of course SB has one also so paybacks could be extreme. Besides I can scream louder than he can.
Kind of sounds like a 12 year old boy told to run the fire siren all he wants.

I can get a 26 tooth sprocket here in town and a 28 tooth but no 27 tooth, Should I gear up or down?

I'm sure there will be someone who says that they or someone they know had one. Really curious to hear what the guys that do know what it should be, say.

Glad you like it.

Steve

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
It's painful to see the level of craftsmanship you guys are putting into your builds. Makes me feel REAL lazy and useless.
Simply outstanding!

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Thank you, manic57,

I've seen and admired your excellent builds so your one of us in my book. I think the smart guys build the bike and hop on it and ride it with great enjoyment. Then there are those of us who keep adding i's and t's so we can keep dotting and crossing them until we feel good about it.

I built a looks like an Indian carb for the motor tonight and I'll finish it up tomorrow and get some photos. It's the last part of the bike that I felt needed to be there to keep the look alive. More i's and t's.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Silverbear,

Cleaned out the tuna can and went out into the shop this afternoon with great intentions of seeing how it would fit. While gazing upon the motor and staring creatively,{which worked entirely all to well by the way.} I got to wondering just how the original carb looked.
Need I add more. There will be photos tomorrow evening if all works out.

The tuna can is still sitting where I put it, waiting it's turn.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Here is the copy of the original carb that I made up. Kinda close and it fills the void where the carb should be. I have the tubing to finish the battery tube and the spark coil under it.
That's tomorrows effort and then it should be sandblast and prime and then paint and assemble.

Could one ride be ending and another one starting? Can't tell you how much I hope so but still a long way to go.

Steve

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Silverbear, Thank you. Closing in on the finish now.

Rick. Thank you too. I'm going to add the piece on the bottom of the bowl that keeps it from hitting the engine.

The battery holder and the spark coil that hangs down from the down tube are made and ready to go. I'll try and get photos up tomorrow night. Still have to make up some mounts.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Mr.B,

Thank you. I really like doing the detail part of a build.

Funny you that you mentioned me being 100. My Dad always said I was born a 100 years too late and I often agree with him. Most of my life has been spent living and preserving the past.

Steve.