I saw you...

GoldenMotor.com

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Keep it up and ride like the "Ambassador" you are in your town. Despite me being an "Angry Old Fart" I am always decent and polite to everyone that asks me about my bikes. I too have ridden next to Harleys in traffic, all but one were friendly and complimented the Whizzer or the electric and even the moped. Ohio is also a hotbed of moped activity. :D

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
This afternoon around 4pm. Adult male, no helmet or hair. Riding west on Broadway from Craycroft. He seemed to be having a friendly chat with some of the spandex crowd along the way. He was on what I think was a red mountain bike, definitely a China girl engine.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
This morning at 8:20 I saw a two stroke road bike, eastbound on Speedway Blvd. and Stone Ave.
These sightings are getting so commonplace that I have only posted about half of my sightings in the past two months. My theory about the "underclass" in Tucson riding all kinds of MBs is proving to be correct.
A good number of the "regular" folks in Tucson on MBs have already visited this site. The majority of my sightings though, are the sketchy characters that aren't into building or customizing or apparently even cleaning their bikes. They don't wave back, they don't ride for fun, they don't want to improve anything, they don't have internet, they probably don't have electricity in their homes, which they probably don't have either. They lurp about, mostly at night with no lights or reflectors, using their bikes as a last ditch means to an end.
I was discussing these facts with an amateur MB builder and he agreed that this site and us "MB nuts" are the forces that will lift Tucson's MBs out of the back alleys and gutter and into widespread acceptance.
Freedom Bikes USA is striving for the same goal. Clean shop, clean builds, friendly service and a nose for quality control.
Tucson meth monkeys! Quit riding around on MBs! Don't drag the rest of us down with you!
Wasted typing, they don't care enough to have computers or access to them.

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
anybody live in the cold yet beautiful new hampshire that isn't too sketchy to maybe they're presence known? maybe not. maybe thats a good thing. cause i went past three cops in the space of 20 minutes yesterday and not one had an issue. so if im the only one out here, they wont be on the lookout.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Being the only one on a MB in a small town does have its advantages. Here, the regular guys take the heat from the police because the police have seen too many sketchy types on MBs.
It's like waving a cape at an angry bull. :D

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
This afternoon around 2:30 or 3:00. I saw a cantankerous old coot pushing a black Whizzer around Himmel Park at the Solar Fair. He looked an awful lot like Weedylot! :p

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
It was good seeing you Finfan. My bro-in-law had to scoot out of there and I lost track of you. I did ride the Whizzer home with the intention of returning to find you and go for a spin. I got sidetracked...
Yesterday, while on the Whizzer, I saw and nodded to a "character" on an MB at Euclid and 9th St. He ignored me and kept going. Fine.
Today at 1PM I saw an MBer riding eastbound on 6th St. and Cherry, a dangerous activity with NO room for a bike. About an hour later I saw a rack mounted Robin:confused: powered, silver colored road bike southbound on Campbell Ave at 8th St. About two minutes after that, I saw an MBer riding eastbound on Broadway at Tucson. The guy had a black half helmet, I think the bike was black also.
Whew! :D

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Yesterday at 1: 30- ish I saw an Mber motoring north on Campbell Avenue at 6th Street. Red bike and black wheels, wearing a helmet of some sort. I was terrorizing the streets on the Whizzer, which yesterday, mysteriously ran at 38 mph for miles. The MBer was going north as I crossed the intersection eastbound. :D

brnot

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Today I saw a scruffy mutt character on a 2 stroke MB utterly ignoring traffic rules and common sense. At around 4PM I was in my truck waiting at a red light when I saw this dirt covered and very disheveled meth monkey swerve onto a busy street from private property. He had no sense as he motored AGAINST the flow of traffic on a very busy street. Then without signal, warning or thought he jumped the bike up on the median and proceeded to ignore sensibility as he gunned the grimy bike over to the opposite curb and swerved on down the road.
Here's my open letter to him:
Moron,
Thanks for making everyone mad today. Next time someone yells at me or my bike, I'll think of you.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I hear ya Weedylot, it's people like that, that is going to ruin what we have for the rest of us.

It's just like all the good place's I used to ride my ATV's & Dirtbikes, just a few morons ruin it for us who are responsible off-roaders.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
It occurs to me that maybe that bike wasn't his. I'll check Craig's list for stolen MBs.
The sighting was at Campbell Avenue and 22nd Street, the bike was white or a very light color. I was looking into the late afternoon sun and didn't get a detailed look on this beautiful 77 degree day that I was trapped in my cage in traffic! :D

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
That's the one on 4th Ave. ?
By the giant smiling head and Taco stand?
That looks like a sturdy frame, alright. :D
Oh and Bison Witches makes some darn fine food, a "must do" for visitors to 4th Ave.
My wife and I have some fond and somewhat fuzzy memories of Happy Hour at that fun place.
Goood sammmichezzz.

Last edited:

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Yesterday, around 1 PM, I saw a "regular" guy riding a red cruiser, powered by a two stroke, east on Prince Road at Fairview. The guy had a helmet and actually had a light.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
A little while ago, at 4PM , I saw a guy on a two stroke cruiser with a silver colored tank, heading north on Euclid at 9th Street. I was on the Whizzer waiting to cross Euclid going east on 9th .and waved at the guy. He actually waved back! :D

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Today at around lunch time I saw a guy wearing a black helmet motoring on a red cruiser. The bike had a rack mounted box, chrome fenders and a tan:confused: gas tank. He was around Speedway and Euclid, I think. An hour later at Oracle and Delano I saw a guy on a black cruiser. :D
I was in the truck and couldn't accost them about the upcoming Death Race.