I knew it was just a matter of time

GoldenMotor.com

mycam8u2

Dec 5, 2008
pennsylvania
my bike does 37 mph on flat land. the only mods i have done is, thinner jug and head gaskets to boost compression ans plug and wire. that is completely wound out. and this is with the so called 80cc from power king

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
not a number but how about a grappling hook with every bike so you can latch onto the bumper of cars and get a tow.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
#1 1/2. Get one of them giant rubber bands, stretch it really tight. Back the bike up against the rubber band. At this point you want to be sure and put on your helmet with the two cow horns, be sure you have your athletic supporter and catchers cup in place. Get a friend to duct tape your hands to the handle bars and then release the giant rubber band. Oh and be sure to have someone make a video, they can use it when you are presented with your very own Darwin award....................

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You could always try the old urban legend trick and strap a JATO bottle to your bike. Light the fuse and hang on. For those who don't know; JATO = Jet Assisted Takeoff. They were solid fuel rocket motors that were used by the military to help launch heavy aircraft on short fields. There is a story about a guy who supposedly put one in the trunk of a Chevy Impala some years ago...he was never found, just the wreckage of the Chevy.
Tom

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
If ol Rufus was younger I'd tie him to the bike, then stomp on his tail, hang on as I'd be going for a ride!!! Poor ol Rufus I'd never do that to him.
I guess I could make a solid fuel rocket motor again, made a few in the past the biggest had a nozzle hole of 1/4"" body of the motor was 2 1/2" out side dia.they would get about 100' in to the air then blow the ends out threw fire everywhere they sounded cool taking off ol Rufus could make the same sound as the rocket taking off as he would be tearing through the yard to get away from the racket as the rocket lifted off. Rufus was always helping me do things.
For small rockets powered sugar and potassium nitrate are the main ingredients with a touch of flowers of sulfur. Or you can sub charcoal for the sugar. Better not mess with this unless you do some research on it as you can get burned badly playing with this stuff.
Norman

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
i just got my motor a week ago, i have 104 miles on it allready, and bone stock i got to 29.3 mph. and on one tank of fuel i got 40 miles off it before she was almost dry. and i got a small lil 1 liter tank on my bike. dirty ebay seller said it had a 2 liter tank. but all in all, im extremly satisfied. i cruise at 20 all day long and a gallon of fuel lasts me a week. couldn be happier

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
yeah but 29 mph is not 50 lol

What you report is about what these bike really do. The inflated advertizing is silly since what they do is quite enough for most of us. Those who have to have more modify them. Those who can't modify them and expect more speed out of the box are disappointed.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
i would never want to go that fast on a mb. ive hit 60 down a big hill by my town, and it scares the outa me every time i go down it. i dont want to cruise at twice the speed of death on a bicycle. 50 is just too fast for me, and im still a youngin

Last edited by a moderator:

a_dam

Feb 21, 2009
Momence, IL
Even the claim on this thread of 40mph with a 1 1/8 inch friction roller. That would require a roller rotation of about 12000 rpm, right? Might want to double-check my math. So IF the roller is spinning at motor speed, 12 grand seems unlikely.

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
Even the claim on this thread of 40mph with a 1 1/8 inch friction roller. That would require a roller rotation of about 12000 rpm, right? Might want to double-check my math. So IF the roller is spinning at motor speed, 12 grand seems unlikely.
hah. even faster, once the roller wears down and becomes smaller.....

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
With the SBP J shaft kit going up hill and down hill where I am at just doing burst of speed on the throttle then coasting. I got 140 mpg! Thats not doing anything silly like 40 35 50 mph though. With the J shaft kit the bike truly coasts without that obnoxious chain on the left side making noise.

Now if I get on the gas and beat the thing well that is a different story of course!