hybrid chinese motors and performance tuning

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
...upon looking at these photos now, i see that i need to slide the rear motor mount up on the seat tube at least an inch...
Lookin' psychoti... erm... really good there foureasy, it's funny how sometimes lookin' at a pic will help spot details when the real bike is sittin' right there - I refer to pics of mine alla time with that same thought, and it really does help to pick out incongruities...

I dunno why, but it works FTW *shrug*

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
heres the new positioning of the engine, tilted foreward for better cooling and exhaust routing.

dont mind the fit

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
motor mounts are fully welded

i had to shorten up the intake to get the carb tucked in there.

plenty of room for the exhaust now

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
this bike officially scares me now. the clutch will not hold whatsoever. i had to throw my centrifugal clutch on and weld the standard clutch up completely, now the lever is useless. ill do some more riding tonight hopefully it will last through tomorrow so i can get a dyno run on monday. it feels like 8-9 little tiny ponies though.

twowheeledfox

Oct 21, 2009
Houston TX
Damnit foureasy! Amazing thread here!

Are there any bolt-on cylinder/head assemblies? I am without a welder, grinder etc and machining tools at the moment. Alternatively, do you know if any aftermarket head would do better than a stock slanthead (it's an 80cc).

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
what mayhem. is that piston skirt in the plug? everything in the motor is still great, a new 10 dollar piston is all it'll take.

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
have you read the entire thread? anything can be done, puch kits seem to fit easiest but theyre all ive tried. ive pretty much covered every aspect of this motor, and making the transfers seal is the least of your worries. something watercooled would be the best of the best though. the problem with the h2o kits is that they are for bikes with variators or transmissions, they make great peak power but dont make much anywhere else. then there is the pipe

wildemere

Feb 12, 2008
Newcastle
My input, disregard as required..

I think a head stay to the frame might be in order with that power.

Are you are still using the stock HT rag joint sprocket mount and the HT chain tensioner?

Then get a disc hub mounted sprocket or the HD hub and delete the HT tensioner before it hits the spokes at 45mph.

Get front suspension and a disc brake.

Nice bike, my suggestions are only for a safer ride.

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
easy fix david, also trued and welded the centrifugal clutch bell. the gear rippedloose from the bell when i was "breaking in" the new piston and rings.

furament

May 31, 2009
ontaro
ko poor pistion. but without the broken peices in the block would it still run.. mmmmmmm nice tires i want you old ones:)