Husky? Anyone tried them?

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Just noticed that Grainger, along with Worksman, also sells the Husky brand of industrial bike. They look almost identical to the Worksman and priced about the same. I checked their website and see they also have a lot of accessories, like drum brake front wheels, heavy duty rims etc. Just curious if anyone has used one for an MB. I have an industrial account with Grainger and can get a little discount. These look interesting. Husky Bicycles: Product List
Tom

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
2Door.....

Good hit on that Husky site ! You can buy that Frame from them in your color for $79.00
(+shipping) Item #347-514

Something else I've saw at a quick glance was the Double Sprocket Coaster Brake Hub.

Item #362-500 and for a tricycle Item #T-124/244 $47.95

They have a 3 speed coaster brake Item #363-130 for $125.00

Item #502-500 HUSKY T-124 (pre-2002) Front Wheel (with drum brake hub) for $84.95
all ready to go just install spoke band innertube and tire.

NOW, IF THEY WOULD JUST OFFER THAT MONARK SPRINGER FRONT END !!!

Should there be a mass emaling to Husky from the many messageboards like this one where
people are hunting for such forks ??? I'm sure they could build them as they would likely be
out of any patten rights by now. Heck, I'd pay $65 bucks and shipping in a heart beat for them.

Still haven't heard anything back from Worksman on the email I sent them.

While I was at WalMart tonight I was looking at a Huffy Cranbrook for $86 dollars. Just wish it
offered those Monark springer front forks.

I've got my design together now such that if I had to build everything from scratch using an old
used frame and forks, but like I said......Ohio wants to see reciepts of purchase to verify it that
wasn't stolen at some point in the past 50 years. It's as bad as trying to bring a wrecked car
that had a salvage title back to a ligitimate titled car.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
I realize that this thread is kind of old, but has anyone tried to cut and weld these Huffy frames? I have been looking for an old cruiser frame so that it would be made out of metal that I could weld/braze at home, but they have been too expensive. I do not know what chromoly is, but can you weld it without major difficulty?

Thanks for the help,

Gilbert

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Gil,
I think you read the thread title wrong. Husky...not Huffy.
Anyway, to weld Chrome-Moly correctly you must have a little experience. Like Joe said, chro-mo is a different animal than mild steel. I'd suggest a little research on the Internet. There are a lot of good tutorials available that can explain what you need to know before welding up a sturdy bike frame. I'm not sure of this but I would doubt that the Huffy has a chrome-molybdnum frame.
Tom

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Hey Tom,
I've wondered about the Husky wheels, too. I have a used Worksma front wheel with the drum brake and it is awesome... along with a heavy duty rear wheel from bikeworldusa which is pretty good, but not awesome and are subject to rust as the chrome is poor. I wish I could talk to somebody who has used the Husky wheels and can give an evaluation. New Worksman are pretty expensive. A good alternative would be great.
By the way, your little micro mine switch arrived and I thank you, sir. I expect to use it on the current Worksman build.
SB

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I have a Husky HD rear coaster on my stretch,,,very pleased with it :)
I cannot speak for the rusting/chrome issue tho (pretty dry here in the desert), as I sanded the rim and painted it black to match my existing front drum wheel
I have bought a few X-FD front drum wheels from them for other people as well
all have been well packaged and exactly as advertised with no complaints from anyone ;)

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Thanks for the relplies guys, you all are a very helpful bunch. I did mean to type Husky instead of Huffy, so I was asking about Husky frames.

I have limited brazing experience, so I guess I will keep trying to find an older frame. Sorry for more questions, but does anyone know how far back in time I need to go in order to get an easily braze"able" bicycle frame? Is a frame from the 70's old enough?

Thanks everyone,

Gilbert

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I under the impression when looking at the frames on the husky site ,that the rear seat and chain stays were the part that was cro-molly. and I was of the belief that the heaver front part was regular steel(thinking of a loop down front down-tube)