Huffy Cranbrook

GoldenMotor.com

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
I want to know the measurements of the front tube and the seat tube but I have no way to accurately measure them. If someone has a cranbrook and knows the accurate measurement can you please let me know.

Thanks

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Thanks
Just curious. Do you have Jims Mount for the cranbrook?
Im really thinking about getting one.

John: Hows you build comming along??

Last edited:

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Thanks
Just curious. Do you have Jims Mount for the cranbrook?
Im really thinking about getting one.

John: Hows you build comming along??
I havent had time to start yet....Its just setting up on the rack....I have been working alot of hours(im a painter) so its keeping me busy....Hope to start soon....
John-John.shft.

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
I wish I would have done the same (taken it slow) but it all worked out in the end.
And Im sure after your done there will be a few things you will have to work on to get it just right. Unless you upgrade those crappy parts that come with the kit before you fire her up.
Good luck!!
Happy Turkey Day

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
well i could make that mount with stuff in my garage. all i would need is the clamp from autozone.

Tcams_Zonie: do you have a link to the one from jim? i'm gonna search the forum right now, but figured i'd ask before searching.
Here's the link to his motor mount.I highly recommend purchasing from Jim he's a good man.

ENGINE MOUNT

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
I want to put front suspension forks on my cranbrook because the roads out here are very rough on me and my bike.

I dont want a springer fork because I herd they dont do much. I want somewhere around 4inches or more. I have no idea where to even look.

I was thinking about taking them from a mountain bike or something like that but how will I know they will fit my cranbrook snug?? Is their a correct measurement that I need to get??

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I want to put front suspension forks on my cranbrook because the roads out here are very rough on me and my bike.

I dont want a springer fork because I herd they dont do much. I want somewhere around 4inches or more. I have no idea where to even look.

I was thinking about taking them from a mountain bike or something like that but how will I know they will fit my cranbrook snug?? Is their a correct measurement that I need to get??
I would like to know the same thing except I want to use a springer fork....

John-John.shft.

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
There are some common sizes, 1 1/8", 1" and your high grade mtn bikes are way bigger, i measured the outside diameter and mine was an inch and an eigth so i was able to fit a threadless set of a Giant forks and a beafy neck that one of my buddys let me have when we did a side job for him, my suggestion is to take off your neck and measure the outside diameter of the fork stem, then you know exactly what size you will need, Than hit up some local bike shops that resale used items and eventually you will come across a good set!!!

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Tcams,

Don't forget about Bicas, they have a huge rack full of suspension forks and regular forks. I think the Cranbrook is 1" but not positive. Next time I have it apart I will be sure to measure it for you.

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
I think you have a one inch stem, i was checking yours out on the ride when we were talking about it, Bicas is a good place, i also found a set of forks at that five points bikes on 702 S Stone Av, Tucson, AZ, 85701 .

Doktor Puttz

Nov 14, 2009
Florida
Just got my Cranbrook on the road, here's a pic.

I used the stock rear mount, ground out the sides a bit with the Dremel and it worked fine. Used the steel plate and u-bolt combo on the front. Runs good and is solid with no shakes.

I had trouble with the drive chain and sprocket lineup though. Had to work out my own version of sprocket mount on coaster brake hub.

Doc

Attachments