how to do this?

GoldenMotor.com

UnskilledMachinist

Sep 4, 2010
Oklahoma
hi i been working on my new SkyHawk 2010 model Grubee 66cc engine for the past few days,
had a lot of Different problems.

Fuel leak, Figured that one out, i didn't know how to use the shut off valve. now i do.
Mounting the engine to the frame, Now that wasn't fun at all.....

here is my Current problems so far;

My Engine will not Idle at All. it just shakes really badly and dies when im not moving,

and when i go to move the rear wheel wont move. its not the wheel itself, when i take the engine chain off, i can move just fine, its when i put it back on, the tire will not move very well, i have to petel extra hard to get it even moving..

the carb is the new high performance CNS carburetor, not the old one i keep seeing here.

i also noticed the Clutch wont Disengage the wheel, im not sure if i said that right...

does anyone know what i might be able to do to fix these problems?

any picture details would be appreciated

thanks in advance! :-||

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Hot Pant's, opps sorry joking with yah UnskilledMachinist.

I agree with BikeguyJoe, on top of Carburetor there should be and adjustment screw just as there should be one at the handlebar where the throttle cable feeds into your twist throttle hand grip, is this making sense to you, I like to adjust mine from the carburetor first leaving bout 5-6 threads into the twist on cap on top of carb, then I work on adjusting the cable from the hand twist throttle until the engine will idle.

Try re-adjusting the clutch cable leave as much room for adjust at handlebar adjustment screw then, have someone if you don't have needle nose vise grips to hold your clutch cable and mark it with black magic marker on the cable where it just release's or dis-engages from motor to allow rear wheel to spin freely, then just keep playing with it till you've got it where you like it.

Remember if this is your first engine/build, your next one will hopefully be less frustrating once you've gotten thru the learning curve you'll be able to look back and laugh.

Peace & Good Luck Crazy Horse.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Just got off the phone with unskilledmachinist, hopefully he's gonna figure it all out now!

Unskilled, call me back if I can help you with any other issues, I'll do my best.

This is why we have this forum, to help each other, especially the newcomers!

Peace Crazy Horse!