How is rose326a's motor kits I just bought one

GoldenMotor.com

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I think, if I remember right, that the kit I'm riding right now came from that guy.

And I was pleased that the price was a bit less than the kits I bought about six years ago now. Plus there were a few quality improvements.

That said, these 2 stroke engines are a bit of a crap shoot. Some are simply better than others.

But I don't really mind that since they're so inexpensive.

I'm now on engine number three for me. And they've all been good enough to justify their low cost.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
you're lucky to get one at all in cali. My understanding was rose did not ship to cali due to EPA restrictions

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Yes. I can see what you mean. At 15 yrs old, 175 bucks is a lot and you're not gonna be happy to shell out another 175 quickly if your engine does turn out to be a dud. I don't think that happens all that much. But some of these engines were assembled poorly. You'll want to protect yourself against that.

So you'll probably want to follow in the footsteps of those who dis-assemble the top end, at least, and make sure that all is well before running it.

I think our friend Maniac, above, is one of those guys. (I've seen him give some good advice, by the way). Follow some of his threads and you'll learn a bit about that.

Or you might go to the 'search' box at the top of these pages and type in 'changing the piston' or something like that. It'll put you on the trail of threads that deal with this.

Top end disassembly is not a bad idea. One of these days I'm going to do it myself. I haven't gotten around to it yet. But it seems like it shouldn't oughta be too hard.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I've bought over 20-25 kits from these folks with great results. Never had one blow up. Only two bad coils which were replaced free and fast.
They have been steadily improving in quality lately and are decent engines.
I do suggest pulling the jug and rinsing out the bottom end and checking the piston circlips for proper assembly and make sure the piston ring end gap locating pins are towards the intake port. I have seen pistons installed backwards which will lead to a quick set of busted rings and a trashed top end.

redneck82

May 25, 2014
concord, nh
I got one from same venber a few weeks ago... ive got over 100miles on it so far with no real issue... havent heard anything bad bout em yet...