How a Bicycle is Made

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Someone posted this several years ago and it was fascinating and fun then. There was a lot of humor poked at the manufacturing process and the obvious lack of government supervision (OSHA) over things the factory workers were doing.

Can you imagine anyone sticking their hands in a vat of paint today? Or machines without guards and no safety equipment. Not one pair of safety glasses, not one respirator, no lock-out/tag-out stickers on the machines and...nobody was getting hurt or maimed. :)

Nevertheless. It is fun to watch how a quality bicycle was assembled back when there was pride in workmanship and production.

Thanks, Anne, for refreshing this vid for members who might have missed the first go-round.

Tom

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
And cars didn't have seat belts and you didn't need to put your children in safety seats and you didn't need to wear a helmet on a motorcycle and neither did your kids.

Smoking was good for you, helped the digestion, doctors did cigarette ads.

What was good for General Motors was good for America.

I sold my GM stock at a loss of 25 grand before the second meltdown. I'm happy about that. I'm also happy I quit smoking. That ain't good for you either.

Lot's of people were hurt and maimed. That's why we have safety laws now.

Do you really want to go back?

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
good video...........funny bicycles have come so far from back then yet the poms still sound just as dull today as they did way back then :p rotfl .........