Home built chopper motorbicycles info

GoldenMotor.com

Speedy Wilson

Mar 10, 2009
Ringgold,GA
Hello World,
I have done some searching through posts and forums and haven't seen all that many homebuilt chopper motorbikes. O.k, I'm not bashing the guy who spends his hard earned $$ on a namebrand chopper bike and puts a china engine on it. That is cool too. I am looking for building info,pics and how to's on bikes made with cut up frames,old scrap tubing and sweat. The creations of the guy or girl in the garage with a welder,a pile of parts and an idea.
A topic that is really giving me trouble finding info on is how to convert a car wheel to use on the rear of a chopper bicycle. I have seen a lot of pics on AtomicZombie.com but I haven't found any info on how to do it.
I remember when I was about 11 or 12 I had this old chopper bicycle that had a wide long banana seat and sissybar, ape hanger handelbars ,motorcycle shocks with a swing arm and about 4 foot long forks. I think it was a Huffy,well maybe at one time before someone did a realy good job hacking it up. Through all the years of bikes I always miss that one the most. That bike inspired me and half the kids on the block to hack up 10 speed forks and have them welded buy this old drunk we knew for whatever change we had in our pockets. We built some of the most crazy things and had lots of fun sneaking in the city dump at night to pilfer parts. We offered to actually pay for them but they would just pile them up and then say that they couldn't sell stuff out of the dump but they just crushed them and threw them in a pit. It pissed us off so we had to stck it to the man...lol. At 12 I didn't understand the meaning of no. I though everything had an angle to exploit.
Feel free to post some pics,links,comments,suggestions or anything to do about your creations. Live fast..Ride faster...Peace......bld..shft.