Holiday Libation Thread

GoldenMotor.com

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I'll be drinking tonight for sure. The really good stuff too, it's New Years eve!

Gonna get out the high octane small batch bourbon and get a little lit!

Safely at home where you can drink all you want w/o any worries whatsoever - :)

Happy New Year!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I'll be drinking tonight for sure. The really good stuff too, it's New Years eve!

Gonna get out the high octane small batch bourbon and get a little lit!

Safely at home where you can drink all you want w/o any worries whatsoever - :)

Happy New Year!
Oh yeah, what Mike said.........and also Happy New Year!!!

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I'll be sitting at home quietly as the rest of the family enjoys a Happy New Year libation. How saintly can one person be?

Oh yes, and I'll be taking the antibiotics till the end of May. When that ends I'll be catching up.

Have a Happy New Year every one and may every build you do next year be perfect right from the start.

Steve.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I had my customary two glasses of cabernet sauvignon with dinner. That will be my tribute to the New Year. That, and trying to keep my dogs from reacting to the inevitable fireworks later tonight.

Happy New Year members. Hope 14 is a good one for you and yours.

Tom

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Now drinking;

Gotta love Knob Creek. It's like half the price of Blantons and very very good. A little too good, the stuff is very flavorful and needs just a wee bit of water. One ice cube is perfect as long as you don't let it melt more than half way - :)

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I'm not a fire water drinker unless it is mixed and then usually vodka or a light flavor. So I had beer and vodka, but saw a flock of about 30 wild turkeys after leaving camping OHV trail riding my motor bike over the New Year. Those wild turkeys you can't drink!

There was some left over snow from an earlier weather system. I saw it even at maybe a 1000ft elevation, but not on the trails where it was about 4000ft, just mud and water in some areas.

MT

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Now that the Holidays are winding down, I'm just sippin on a little Goose Island Bourbon County Stout........ummm, I love this stuff.

Kinda strong for a stout @ 14.2% abv :D

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I hope everyone survived the New Year celebration. No accidents? No DUIs?
Good! No one needs that.
The fireworks and gun shots were minimal this year. Too cold to be outside I suppose.
My dogs slept through most of the noise.

Tom

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Yup, no problems here. The good bourbon gave me a big case of the sleepys and I was in the sack and unconcious when the new year struck.

First year for that for me. I always stayed up to hear all the noise at midnite.

Funny how the relative importance of things changes as you age.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Yep. I can remember when I was one of those out there making all the noise. Now, all I want is peace and quiet. I don't need all the hoop-la to usher in a new year. In fact I don't even see the significance. It's just a date on the calendar. :)

Tom

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yep. I can remember when I was one of those out there making all the noise. Now, all I want is peace and quiet. I don't need all the hoop-la to usher in a new year. In fact I don't even see the significance. It's just a date on the calendar. :)

Tom
I don't know......I still enjoy the sound of a well lit seal control bomb now and then :D

Happy New Year!

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Just for you Scott. I've been enjoying a bottle of this with supper for about a case now.

Good stuff. A nice lager, 5%, with a nice medium flavor. Goes good with any food. Or just by itself.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Wow, someone besides Red Stripe that still uses stubbies... I admit, I miss the old stubby bottles. Drinking from the current standard long neck just isn't the same.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Yeah, it's like drinkin' out of a can only with the class of a bottle - :)

You pay a nine percent penalty though, only 11 oz / bott.

It's good stuff, I keep buying it. Brewed in Oregon, maybe it's up your way too.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
LOL, "stubbies". That reminds me of the Aussies I served with in Vietnam. They were always wanting to go to the officer's club and "toss back a couple of stubbies". That was their way of saying they wanted to have a beer or two. And believe me those guys could put away a few "stubbies" :)

Tom

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
The thing is, the stubby is actually a better bottle to drink out of.. when you tilt one, the liquid flows pretty smoothly out of the neck, unlike a long neck bottle. When you tilt one of those, the shape of the neck fights the air going in to displace the liquid, so they 'Gluck' and surge in the pour.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
The thing is, the stubby is actually a better bottle to drink out of.. when you tilt one, the liquid flows pretty smoothly out of the neck, unlike a long neck bottle. When you tilt one of those, the shape of the neck fights the air going in to displace the liquid, so they 'Gluck' and surge in the pour.
Mickey's "Big Mouth".....the ultimate stubbie mate!