Hi from Virginia

GoldenMotor.com

Terry

Jun 11, 2012
Virginia
Hi my names Terry, I live in the Shenandoa Valley here in Virginia. Been reading posts for a while and finally ordered a 70cc 2stroker from Dax.
Getting ready to order a Micargi Pantera steel frame 7speed cruiser from bike buyers .com. I checked to make sure the cranks were not pedal forward, and they said that theirs were not. I want to put an SBP shifter on the bike and I understand that the pedal forward cranks make it a bit more difficult. I dont need to go all that fast but I thought the shifter might help the engine last a little longer due to the hills around here. And yes I DO plan to use the valiable advise to do the engine preinstall work. Thanks, Terry

Last edited:

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
welcome .. an there truely is a fantastic group of folks here . now for the real buisness lets see that bike !
Gary

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Welcome to the forum. Shenendoah Valley, eh? Fifty years ago I got expelled from public high school and my father sent me off to a military academy in Woodstock, Virginia near Massanutten Mountain. I wasn't crazy about the military school, but became fond of the beautiful Shenendoah Valley.

Yes, a fine bunch of folks here, some young, some old geezers (we rule!) and some guys who can't decide if they're young or old. Middle aged you'd call it. Some of these guys know a lot and the rest of us learn a lot. We like lots of pictures and commentary as you do your build. Ask questions as you will. Someone will answer wrong or right, probably right. Fair warning... this is addictive. CAUTION!!! ADDICTIVE BEHAVIOR!!! One build is rarely enough.
SB

Terry

Jun 11, 2012
Virginia
I live in Stasburg just about 14 miles north of Woodstock. Some of the guy's I plan to ride with live in Woodstock. They have scooter's but that's ok. I'm blessed to live here! Lot of good people and beautifull bike rides. My friends and I are getting close to being geezer's ourselves. Oh and Silverbear....Been admiring your MB builds. I had been considering making a juice can tank for behind the seat like yours but I think I'm gonna go for a Whizzer reproduction tank. Thanks, Terry.

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Maybe this fall we can get a ride organized down your way. I'll see if Tinsmith is interested. I haven't been back to Woodstock or seen the academy since I graduated. Never went to a reunion as I didn't want to know who got killed in Nam. I did hear that there are girl cadets there now. There sure weren't any when I was there! I would have noticed...

Post photos of what you're doing when you can. I was thinking that maybe a ride in a central location like Harper's Ferry would attract some riders from Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia and D.C. Not that there are probably all that many.
SB

Terry

Jun 11, 2012
Virginia
Sounds good to me...I'd better get that bike ready. Lots of good rides around here. It's beautifull countryside! Terry.