HF Predator engine and friction drive kit?

GoldenMotor.com

adastra

Aug 25, 2012
Tennessee
Good morning. I've been following the forum for awhile but I do not think that I have seen anyone actually try this or advise if it is possible. Let me first say hello and thanks to everyone for very good reads and a wealth of information you've made available.

I am planning to go for a friction drive bicycle, buying the drive kit from either dax, staton or Dimension Edge. From what I understand, the HF Predator engine has a different size drive shaft and bolt pattern so the centrifugal clutches that would be used with such kits would not work. Is this correct?

I don't have access to a machine shop tools, welders etc being that I am living in an apartment so fabricating my own drive is not only out of my range of experience, probably would not be possible. If there any reasonable way to get this engine to work with rear friction drive? Not really interested in-frame mounting, yet.

Last edited:

adastra

Aug 25, 2012
Tennessee
Sorry after looking over this forum better I do see that some people have gotten it to work. More research time for me, I think.

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
Golllee, Dan, that front bike looks like some sort of
Lunar lander! Who sells that kit? I want one.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Oh yah... that's the Fleur-de-Lis Flyer !
Soon to be seen in and abt the French Quarter...
lol

(I wonder how he's doing on that)
:)
rc