HF 2.5hp HELP ME!!!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

KenpachiZaraki

Oct 10, 2011
KY
Hey guys,
I was wondering where in the world is the main jet on this thing located.. is it on top of the carb under the idle control screw? or is it in the float bowl??? i took the brass screw one on top of the carb out and the jet thingy is a little under a inch long and had a hole in the bottom of it and two holes on the side... Was this what i am after? if anyone knows or has pictures of this i REALLY need to know lol... The reason i am asking is because i have straight pipe exhaust and holes drilled in my airbox, it needs rejetted of course.. When i apply throttle it bogs down and doesnt want to run it just dies and has horrible hesitation even when warm.... Any and i mean ANY help at all is greatly appreciated.. :-ll
Eric

dakota47l1

Oct 2, 2011
st louis mo.
we need to know what kind of carb you have...if you have an NT the jet is on the end of the little brass thingy in your float bowl...i dont know anything about CNS carbs but i'm sure someone wil tell you to pitch it and get an NT

KenpachiZaraki

Oct 10, 2011
KY
i dont know what a NT carb is... LOL im new to all of this.. i guess its time i learn the carbs n stuff... but all i know is it is the stock carb that came on the HF 2.5hp greyhound engine...

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Don't mind Dakota, he's on the completely wrong page. He's thinking chinagirl and they have zero to do with HF engines.

If you remove the float bowl, the main jet should be in there. It screws out with a medium-size flathead screwdriver.

KenpachiZaraki

Oct 10, 2011
KY
Thank you AleMan!!! so the thing that was under a inch long on top of the carb that i unscrewed wasnt the main jet at all.... wonder what that thing is.. it looks like a fat needle? lol i know im a bother.. but i need your help on this one:( lol

KenpachiZaraki

Oct 10, 2011
KY
at least you're trying to help me.. lol i just rode my bike a pretty long while today and noticed that the plug was white... not good...:( and i need to rejet... if i can find the main jet that is LOL XD thanks again=)

KenpachiZaraki

Oct 10, 2011
KY
hmmm idle jet... that could be it.. because the holes on that thing was TINY and i mean TINY!!!! i wouldnt think the main jets hole would be that little... good thinking aleman.

KenpachiZaraki

Oct 10, 2011
KY
thats weird.... must be because of the carb stuff and emissions laws.. drilling a main jet shouldnt be too hard of a job... at least i wouldnt think lol..

dakota47l1

Oct 2, 2011
st louis mo.
Don't mind Dakota, he's on the completely wrong page. He's thinking chinagirl and they have zero to do with HF engines.

If you remove the float bowl, the main jet should be in there. It screws out with a medium-size flathead screwdriver.
yup i guess i am i didn't see that ignor me:)