Here is my Beach Cruiser!

GoldenMotor.com
Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
You gonna motorize it? If you are mounting a rear sprocket to the spokes its actually doable. You'll need the M6 or 1/4 bolts to begin with and the spokes your bolts hit could be cut by where your bolt goes thru then the rubber rag can keep the spokes you cut together for visuals. You can only do this to this type of wheel for you have enough spokes to keep the wheels integrity.
Or you can go with a freewheel hub but that's gonna take some $$$ for it would need to be custom done.

freshwater

Aug 6, 2008
You gonna motorize it? If you are mounting a rear sprocket to the spokes its actually doable. You'll need the M6 or 1/4 bolts to begin with and the spokes your bolts hit could be cut by where your bolt goes thru then the rubber rag can keep the spokes you cut together for visuals. You can only do this to this type of wheel for you have enough spokes to keep the wheels integrity.
Or you can go with a freewheel hub but that's gonna take some $$$ for it would need to be custom done.
I already got the sprocket on the 140 spoke wheel. I didn't have to cut the spokes. What I did to make the bolts fit is by removing the whole tire and tube, I took off the rubber ring around the wheel and I unscrewed the spokes off. Check out the other photos with the motor installed.