help

GoldenMotor.com

tredye

Feb 1, 2011
norfolk va
I just finished my schwinn spoiler with my 49cc 2stoke engine from bike and berry ,its has a boost bottle and it just wont take full throttle ecept when the clutch is pulled in ,I tried adjusting the cab but still bogs when i give it full throttle under a load the lever choke is all the way open and when i push the lever the other way the engine shuts off

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I'd wait till after the first 30 or 40 miles for the rings to seat in before worrying about it. (I'd also avoid more than half throttle till then too)

tredye

Feb 1, 2011
norfolk va
Whats making it bog when giving throttle and i heard all motorized bikrs need to be pedaled to get it going even after it is started and you stop i have to pedal it to get going when i let out the cluch without pedaling it just dosent have the power to get it going by itself gurbee 48cc slant

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Whats making it bog when giving throttle and i heard all motorized bikrs need to be pedaled to get it going even after it is started and you stop i have to pedal it to get going when i let out the cluch without pedaling it just dosent have the power to get it going by itself gurbee 48cc slant
You're supposed to pedal to get going. If you try to take off from a dead stop with the clutch, it WILL fail. Pedal to get moving and your clutch will last much longer.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
It's a motor assisted bicycle, not a motorcycle. You need to pedal up to speed, about 8 to 10 mph before engaging the clutch. Trying to take off from a dead stop without pedaling will mean a short life for the clutch. That's why you have pedals.
And yes, the more miles they accrue the better they will perform. Plan on not seeing full potential until you have a couple of hundred miles on the engine.

Closing the choke should kill the engine. If it doesn't you have problems

My advice, get rid of the boost bottle. It's not doing you any favors.

Tom

Last edited:

tredye

Feb 1, 2011
norfolk va
should i keep adjusting the mixture screw to get it to perform better ,it seem like it dosent really do much ,there are two screws on the right side the front one is the idle and the back one is the mixture right