HELP with HF 212cc project

GoldenMotor.com

hobojoe007

Aug 9, 2012
California
Hi i am mounting a 212 HF engine into road bike and i need help with the torque converter/jackshaft system. I do not have a welder and i know that i will not be able to put a chain straight from the shaft to the rear sprocket. That is the foirst problem- alignment. Then i need to be able to get the necessary torque and speed of about 40 miles per hour. SO i need something that will accomplish both of those things. What can i use? Will a torque converter like http://www.ebay.com/itm/33075734965...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648#ht_918wt_1271 solve the problem of alignment AND give me the necessary gear ratio, and does this come with some sort of centrifugal clutch?

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Hi hobojoe and welcome to the forum.
So AGK has a great gear ratio to help steer you in the right direction.
As far as a jshaft set up try sickbikeparts.com. You'll also need bearings & shaft. Im using this on my 6.5hp hf and works great. Dont worry about going 40mph, itll go much faster than that. If you want to use a torque converter I have an AGK one that I'll sell you along with spare belts. LMK if your interested.

Last edited:

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
The jshaft mount link that I gave you bolts onto the downtube (seat post) of the bike frame. This would eliminate welding if you choose. Sorry all you would need is u-bolts to make it work.

hobojoe007

Aug 9, 2012
California
so that torque converter would satisfy my need for a clutch AND align it with the rear sprocket? or do i still need a jack shaft to align it properly

hobojoe007

Aug 9, 2012
California
awesome that helps me alot. you know that part that holds the shaft and bolts onto the seat post? will that part work because i don't have the expertise or raw materials to be able to fashion my own

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
The SBP jackshaft kit is not going to work with a HF212 engine. Don't even think about it! It should not even have been mentioned..
If you had of made one of the races you would have seen
AirEds $500 212 cc racer that uses the SBP jackshaft.

It's a little hard to see in the first pic but that is a SBP
jackshaft and yes that is a snake on the left side of the
2nd pic. :D

It seems to be hanging in there just fine and I personally
have ridden it around Grange at least 30 laps at a pretty
good clip.

Attachments

Last edited:

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Huh that's funny my sbp mount works great on my $25 bike frame with my hf 212cc engine. The bike goes +50mph flawlessly. Everyone has their own ideas and setups and yes this set up works & I'd do it again.
Thanks Neil you beat me to the reply while I was typing.

Last edited:

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Ive seen that bike, I am sure you have too much motor for it and its parts. Not to be a guy who pees in the campfire but if you are set on using the 212...get a better bike, or a smaller motor.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Ive seen that bike, I am sure you have too much motor for it and its parts. Not to be a guy who pees in the campfire but if you are set on using the 212...get a better bike, or a smaller motor.
I seen, heard and ridden it on a race track.

Ed has had a few injuries from a off road crash so he doesn't push
it too hard on the track and the motor is stock.
Ed raced in the Mid Range class at the last race because he is
just out for a fun time.

Yes the front end is a little flexy and the front brake a little weak
but it still hustles pretty good around the track. The frame is just
fine for a stock motor and the tires are nothing special.
Ed wanted to prove a point and he did by making it for only $500.

I don't see any problem here.