Help on buying frame

GoldenMotor.com

Gavinyee470

Sep 15, 2022
I was thinking about buying this frame on Alibaba you have to buy wheels and stuff from the same seller Called aok bicycles but I am not so sure is there anything like this from a more reliable seller?
0941B3CE-E36A-438E-B7CB-801ABA34EA0E.png
684F0132-1AB0-4ADC-9AA6-7E4FE11CD7E1.png
0941B3CE-E36A-438E-B7CB-801ABA34EA0E.png

Reactions: fasteddy

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
May I respectfully say that the rear drop-outs don’t look good at all.
Rear facing dropouts is how old vintage bikes were made

Gives it a good vintage look to fool people into thinking ya got a 80 year old frame

If your worried about the rear wheel falling off, keepers can be installed on the axle

Frame and tank is a great start to making a cool bike, Monarch forks would be cool too

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I have one of those and it's beefy I got it because of the rear drop out and the steer tube... It takes 3 months to get it.. the tank is stainless... Compared to a Shelby frame it's very similar but thicker in the drop out it's welded really nice comes from Vietnam

Attachments

Mossy

May 20, 2022
The workman newsboy is the heavy frame still made today... Old school USA and there 11ga wheels... someone makes a tank for it also... The next strongest is the steel Electra cruiser 1 it's a big frame... A kit tank almost fits and I'll probably make one out of 2 kits something like a hog tank... 70's artic cat fuel gauge cap on one side... Eventually probably sort of thing....

Attachments

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Dogcatcher beat me to it. I buy a lot from Alibaba. Look at the length of time the company has been in business and how many sales they had. It will be at the top of their page. Then check the shipping cost and the delivery time. It will be coming by ship.

Then look up Sportsman Flyer and check Sportscar Pat's prices for a made in America frame and tank that will be there in a couple of weeks.

Steve.

Reactions: wrench

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Excuse me. In reference to pictures A and B above “Gas Bike Frame”: May I respectfully say that I am sure Alibaba is a very good place to do business. I own two gas tanks and one frame brazed from scratch from Sportsman Flyer. They may cost three to ten times more than anything else I have. The quality is literally ten to twenty times better. The gas tanks are a work of art and the frame is as close to perfect as anything on earth. The ride on his merchandise is steady, smooth powerful, well balanced and excellent maneuverability. There is no comparison between the Sportsman Flyer merchandise that I own with the other very good bikes I own.

Reactions: wrench and fasteddy

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I looked up the shipping time for the same bike frame. Two months and the shipping is almost as much as the frame cost.

Steve.
It was around $750 for the frame tank and fork... Took 3 months... Cool bike store... I got it for the fork with the quad springs... that's sold out.. There's a leaf spring fork I've been waiting to come into stock that's been sold out for a while... Its a quality product... But it's not a workman flyer work of art...

Attachments