help new build!! broken parts inside cover

GoldenMotor.com

radrob

May 2, 2009
Tacoma Washington
my buddy has helped me on my 2 bike builds and we were doing a 3rd for him. 80cc china kit.
anyway we have no spark so after chainging out the cdi with 1 off my bike. we took off the side cover to look at the magneto and the center piece with the magnets( armature?) had sheered off and was in a few pieces. Is this fixable? I bought it off ebay. do i need a replacement motor or is the stud that mounted the armature replaceable.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That stud is the crankshaft and the only repair is to replace the crank. If your seller is an upfront guy he should replace the engine. If not you're screwed. This is why many of us shy away from ebay sellers. Stick with a reputable dealer, one who will stand behind his product. The advertisers here are all good people and there are others but I've heard too many horror stories about fast buck operators on ebay. Good luck.
Tom

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
hi my name is rauk i am from tucson az i have a number that you could call and maybe they could help you they have help me alot the phone number is 520-777-0924 they are open monday through friday you could also write to them and explain you situation the web site is [email protected] thanks raul

radrob

May 2, 2009
Tacoma Washington
brand new never fired off!!
man i was hoping you were not going to say that was part of the crank. I hope he will send me a new engine. he hasnt returned my email!!!:-||

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I just realized what I was looking at. How in the heck did the magneto cover get broken like that? Was that done in shipping? Is that the way you got it? If so that little engine must have been dropped hard to break the end off the crank. Good Luck.
Tom

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
i bought my kit from BIKE BERRY they reply to emails every other day and have been helpful. they even decided for me to return my kit when i didn't even know what was wrong with it, for warranty. but after searching these forums i found out it was the inner clutch spring, then wrote them a letter via email telling them i did not need to send it back and what was wrong with it.

Good people their Great motor too

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
well i got in touch with the seller via email and he is sending me a replacement at no charge.
sweet. told me to keep the bad one for spare parts.
Very Fortunate. Let us know who your vendor is. It never hurts to pass on good words about a seller. Keep us informed on your progress.
Tom

radrob

May 2, 2009
Tacoma Washington
got the motor on friday. we hooked it up after work. broke it in on some rollers.
wow this thing runs great!! got over 100 miles onit this weekend. my buddy broke a weld on the frame coming back across the new tacoma narrows bridge.putting the tire against the frame! its topping out at 35mph +. the ebay seller was shopwestway