help motor always engaged!

GoldenMotor.com

ws50599

Sep 30, 2008
I just installed the motor 80cc from Raw.The motor is always engaged. It never free wheels unless I take the sprocket chain off the motor. I can turn the motor with my hand and the motor is engaged though. I turn clutch handle where the cable inserts into but it does not turn on enable the wheel to turn. Is there something I did wrong out of the box. There is no chain binding etc and the motor does turn with my hand only but I cannot free pedal it????? Help Can some send a note to me at [email protected]

Last edited:

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Ok sounds like the clutch is not dis-engaging to me. Check the slack in the cable. If it has a little slack tighten it a little. You can "feel it" dis-engage. With out more info thats the only idea I have. Welcome to our forum! Hope I helped. (c)

ws50599

Sep 30, 2008
I don't have the cable connected. It's just free wheeling as motor engaged when I try to manually engage the clutch cable the motor turns and never free wheels the clutch arm on the outside where the cable clutch wire goes only turns so far. The pin inside is suppose to be spongy right? its not, there is no play in it when I push down on the pin. Motor is always engaged.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Use some penetrating oil. Use a "cheater" tube over the arm and push it in.
There, now it pushes in, finish building the bike.

ws50599

Sep 30, 2008
got it fixed took it all apart and greased the **** out of it and backed the clutch off...riding high in Iowa!