Help a newb out

GoldenMotor.com

Nemmies

Mar 15, 2012
ny
I am very excited to eventually have my own motor bike. Any suggestions as to what motor kits to purchase? I have a flexible price range

frozenveinz

Sep 25, 2011
Washington
Most of the chinese 50-66cc engine kits are hit n miss. Best bet is to go with the best warranty.

If you dont want a chinakit, we need more info.

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana
I purchased a kit for my first build. I ended up not using the majority of the kit. My next build I will just buy the engine and then buy everything else as needed.

Mercman

Dec 27, 2011
Central VT
From my experience, any offered warranty is a joke......you just hope you get a good engine to start with. Most of the kits & parts offered originate from the same source with varied pricing. There is some good improved after market stuff available from various venders. Some respond better than others.
Good luck with your project. Each one is a learning process.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
From my experience, any offered warranty is a joke......you just hope you get a good engine to start with. Most of the kits & parts offered originate from the same source with varied pricing. There is some good improved after market stuff available from various venders. Some respond better than others.
Good luck with your project. Each one is a learning process.
That might be true about a lot of vendors with the exception of a few...Pirate Cycles and Dax both IMHO are the exceptions. I have never heard a complaint about Pirate the dude is as good as his word (and his word is good LOL)

He and Dax are the few vendors who actually interact with this MB board. There are a few more worth mentioning but the one in particular I know of does not advertise/support this web site sooo.....

IMHO MOST of the failed kits are due to lack of experience as a mechanic and in particular fabricating (Jerry rigging well) I know my frustrations with my first kit was chalked up to this and I do most of my own car repairs over the last 30 years or so of car ownership. Don't hesitate to ask questions!

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
what about the honda GXH50? anyone have any experience with it?
Pretty much ANY 4 stroke is gonna be more reliable than a 2 stroke. The Honda knock off Hua Sheng may be a little more reliable than a 2 stroke. If ya got the money, go for the Honda. Japan has much better quality control than China.
Big Red.