Headlight

GoldenMotor.com

richonda

Jun 5, 2022
Recently installed an 80cc kit on a old Trek hardtail MB, I noticed there is a blue wire coming off of the motor and I assume that is for powering a headlight? If so, where can I buy one that hooks up to the engine power source? I normally shop on Ebay and likely can find one there if I know what to look for. For the tail light I will probably just buy a battery operated blinking LED.

Reactions: Testname111

Testname111

May 20, 2021
If you want a Bright head light with phone charger check out my alternator idea, waterproof and dust proof

Reactions: Rexx Shyt

Rexx Shyt

May 9, 2022
What color wires are coming from the motor? There should be black,white and blue wires coming out from the Magneto housing. The blue one goes to your wiring harness the black one is your ground and the white one is for powering lights or whatever.

I suggest adding a second accessory coil that you can buy online for about $30.

This will allow all of the juice generated by the first coil to be dedicated to the motor and the second one you can use to power your lights or what have you.

This ones 40 bucks but you can find them cheaper.

Cut the white wire off and insulate the end of it or just snip it off at the coil. Its useless.

richonda

Jun 5, 2022
So, the white wire coming out of the engine does not provide enough power for a head light? What is it's purpose then?

Reactions: Rexx Shyt

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The white wire, it has been tried many times with limited success. The problem most have had is performance drop when using it, I'm just guessing but maybe the magnet is not strong enough to use both. Some have had the coil to fail while using the white wire also. I have removed the wire all together on a few coils, that makes the remaining wires easier to put inside wire loom tubing.