Halcyon Cycle Works Latest Build

GoldenMotor.com

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
Chuck,

Glad you are doing builds. I have been trying to reach you for months via e-mail and have yet to hear from you. Wanted to buy your complete frame, tank & fork setup.

Please pm for how to get in touch with you.

K-dregg

Apr 20, 2010
Sweden
Lot of nice details.. The reveresed clutch lever is cool and i really like how you routed the exhaust.. i might "borrow" that.. :)

jeffhalfrack

Apr 18, 2010
geneva ny
Just awsome!!! I think it's so cool that we could keep alive what was all most lost!! I wonder if people realize that the type of bikes we see here could have been just forgotten? I remember when it was hard to find pics of board track bikes! thanks keep it comming! JEFFW

hoodoo

Dec 26, 2009
Buda, Texas
Chuck,

Glad you are doing builds. I have been trying to reach you for months via e-mail and have yet to hear from you. Wanted to buy your complete frame, tank & fork setup.

Please pm for how to get in touch with you.

I did the same, I guess Chuck doesn't like us.

al

stock boy

Feb 11, 2010
Alabama
Guys dont waste your time. You can see the poor communication. The build is not much better. My buddy got a frame, tank and fork from him. Fork was sent back due to fitment issues, frame had "beginner" mig welds and we melted them in with tig welds to make them presentable. The tank had many, many leaks. It was completley rewelded and sealed. Never pressure tested after numerous requests. My friend is ok with it but if you are going to pay full price for something you should get your moneys worth....this was far from that. I have been in the welding and fab business for a life time I guess and just wanted to share my opinion on this.

Last edited:

hoodoo

Dec 26, 2009
Buda, Texas
Guys dont waste your time. You can see the poor communication. The build is not much better. My buddy got a frame, tank and fork from him. Fork was sent back due to fitment issues, frame had "beginner" mig welds and we melted them in with tig welds to make them presentable. The tank had many, many leaks. It was completley rewelded and sealed. Never pressure tested after numerous requests. My friend is ok with it but if you are going to pay full price for something you should get your moneys worth....this was far from that. I have been in the welding and fab business for a life time I guess and just wanted to share my opinion on this.
Without passing personal judgment on something I haven't tried, it does seem too good to be true for the price...that doesn't mean it isn't OK for what you pay for it, maybe it is expected at that price you should expect to have fit and fuel tank issues. I mean it looks like a million dollars and yet you would think it would be hard to produce something like that for the price. I guess I will stick to my first method, just crank it up a notch with an improved frame design and a new style tank cover because I really can't afford extra issues. I built my bike complete for 750, could probably get it down to 500, depending on how much extra work I want to do. Thanks for you input, it makes sense.

Al

stock boy

Feb 11, 2010
Alabama
No problem, he may have changed things for all I know. I just know it was mig welded and brought to me to be fixed. For the price he charges for a finished product that is ready to be powercoated....well it is far from that. The welds were too bad to be coated so thus the reason for the (tig melted in job) then the tank leaked all over when pressurized so we re welded it and bondo'd it and made it right then it had to be painted instead of coated wich was against the plan.
The design is cool, the ride is cool ( i tested it out ) but the rest is up to you to figure out. I saw it first hand and fixed lots of issues on it.

stock boy

Feb 11, 2010
Alabama
Got quite a few messages.

Just to clarify.

Customer stated builder took care of the fork fitment issue and paid some of the shipping.

Also it was stated the builder was good with communication during the build.

Lots of other issues remained. Hope this helps.

miljohnj5

Sep 8, 2013
upstate NY
Man!
That is bummer news. His designs are/were awesome. Hopefully, he could tighten up his fab skills to match his artistry and watch out!.wee.