Gt5 Stroker

GoldenMotor.com

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
ok so i'm building a half power king (top end) on lower end of a skyhawk gt5 turns out the pin of the powerking is 4mm lower than the pin on the gt5 so when the jug is on the piston sticks out 4 mm. so I went to my friends fab shop and machined a 3.2 mm spacer out of aluminum and spaced the jug with 2 gasket 1 on top of spacer 1 on bottom for a combined thickness of 4 mm so I guess I have myself a stroker motor cant wait to run it.. lemme know your thaughts... BTW i'M CALLING IT THE PEEJET LOL srry for yelling

impression

Feb 26, 2009
Syadney,Australia
curious. which con rod/piston are you using in which combo :D

edit :

hang on, if i've read this right if i used the rod/piston front the powerking with my skyhawk i can get the same effect ?

Last edited:

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
curious. which con rod/piston are you using in which combo :D

edit :

hang on, if i've read this right if i used the rod/piston front the powerking with my skyhawk i can get the same effect ?
i used the piston,cyl,head from power king the rod and bottom end skyhawk also changed the wimpy top bearing with the nicer pk one adding the billet intake the racing carb and a chrome gen3 pk muff I baught 2 new motor kits to do this lol need to order a pk piston now to build the pk bottom end with the skyhawk top end because the pin height is to high so the piston doesnt go to the top of the jug its too short.. where can i get a pk piston?

Last edited:

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
i beilieve the stroke is 40mm so now if i'm correct on the 40 mm thing it's now 44mm dont know the sroke of the pk but its 68.5 cc

Last edited:

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
i did something similar to a jet 80, not stroking it. but i added a spacer under the jug raising it .125", then cut .125 off of the top of the jug, there by raising the ports .125", increased the bottem end and mid range power without hurting the top end any. just make sure your not letting any over lap into the port timing. when the piston is at bottom dead center you should not be able to see through the intake port into the cylinder.

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
ok so this motor is the fastest one i've ever built. i let my friend ride it and he said it screws lol I was in the dirt earlier racing him and was passing him slidin out sideways like he wasnt really moving. he has a gen2 a 58cc starfire which revs to the moon. but this beejet revs right there with it and pulls the only mod i did to the cylinder was widened and tapered off the exaust port and chamfered the edges of all the ports. did not raise any ports..

motorhead419

Jul 6, 2009
ohio
All's you need is a 18mm Mikuni and then open up that small hole in that straight intake..I did it and mine screams now.

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
nah its good enough here If i want more I'll hop on the cr250 or my nsr50 that has a 24 mikuni flat with 25$ a gallon mr9 87 octane does 70mph lol love it

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
So it isn't a stroker, it's got a shorter jug on it with the spacer you made to compensate for it, and altered timing, correct?

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
the skyhawk piston wont work in the pk the skirt his the crank at bottom of stroke put a pk piston in and it was fine ith the skyhawk jug put that motor in my cranbrook. runs like a jet lol

Riding Rich

Aug 14, 2009
pa
Camlifter
i did something similar to a jet 80, not stroking it. but i added a spacer under the jug raising it .125", then cut .125 off of the top of the jug, there by raising the ports .125", increased the bottem end and mid range power without hurting the top end any. just make sure your not letting any over lap into the port timing. when the piston is at bottom dead center you should not be able to see through the intake port into the cylinder.
If i remember correctly the intake port is allmost completly open at BDC.
I'm confused here.
Raising the jug i'm sure is needed but this would open the port more.
About put the top of the piston flush with the bottom of the port at BDC.

Iv'e even heard of people filing down the top of the piston to somoothe it out.

Am i thinking wrong here???.duh.