Grubee 5G 4-stroke

GoldenMotor.com

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Anyone have any experience with these? I'd like to change out my 2-stroke at some point and 30-40 mph is my desired range. Right now I have a 40 tooth manic sprocket and I'm wondering if the 5G Grubee would get me around at those speeds. Right now I have no issues with the 2-stroke but the longevity of it is what I question.

4-Stroke Pull Start 48cc Bicycle Engine Kit EPA Certified BikeBerry.com
Don't be foled by this 5G all it is is the hoot gearbox...thats why they do not show you a picture of it.Thats how Bikeberry does biz...not good

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Here is what I would get for a 4 stroke set-up. Harbor freight has the 99cc for $99 this month and you can find a 20 percent off coupon. And Get an AGK bolt on jackshaft set up.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Here is what I would get for a 4 stroke set-up. Harbor freight has the 99cc for $99 this month and you can find a 20 percent off coupon. And Get an AGK bolt on jackshaft set up.
Yes that would be a solid set up for sure.Does that jackshaft fit the 99cc?
There site says 79cc and I wondr if it will fit the GC 160cc.

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Bike Berry is a joke. All that info is false. There is no 5G. You cannot get 4 to 5 HP out of these little HS Engines. And yes they are trying to sell you the version with a gearbox, not the 4G belt drive. Stick with vendors like Pirate Cycles or Blow By U. Can't believe we even let Bike Berry be a sponsor on this site???

Tahq

Sep 2, 2011
Corona, CA
I purchased the '5g' from Bike Berry as he was somewhat local and I did not read up on the gearbox. It is indeed a Hoot gearbox, though I was told this was the "new improved version" looked pretty much like the previous models...I swapped out to the 4g.

I also run the 4g with a shift kit and it is a great setup, if you can afford to buy both at the same time you will save yourself a bit of work on the install.