Grease bearings under clutch plate??

GoldenMotor.com

Mean.motor

Mar 14, 2014
Brampton, ON
i have a question, the little ball bearings under the clutch plate around the clutch's rotating disc on the inside(you can barley see them in there) is it ok to grease these as they are moving parts. I did do this in my older engine twice and noticed significant clutch response and it was very smooth. though the second time i did put too much grease and noticed clutch slipping after about 20 kms. I haven't done this with my new engine yet but want too unless advised otherwise..xx.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
those bearings are crap & probably won't benefit much from grease - too much there can ooze out onto the pads too - I used to take it out and from the backside, pack a bit of grease thru the three holes there, but I don't bother anymore

if you want to try it, put some grease into a nut & hold the nut over one of the holes, slowly screw a bolt into the nut while rotating the bearing an inch or so while doing it - stop if you see grease leaking out on other side

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I use light oil on them rather than grease. MUCH easier to clean off when you get it on the pads.
Never noticed any difference.