?????good kit bad kit need help ?????

GoldenMotor.com

racing fan

Apr 17, 2011
Michigan
I am buying a bike kit soon thats why I am posting so much. I have been looking and looking at 66cc motors. You guys always say look around then buy so I did that. you guys talk about super CDI coils and stuff I can't find them anywhere but no big deal thats later. I want to know simple like what is the best Chinese motor on the market today. Then where to get a expansion chamber for it? I see some but there used on 48cc and 66cc a expansion chamber will help but it needs to be tuned to one engine to be good so where could I find a good one?

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.
I want to know simple like what is the best Chinese motor on the market today. Then where to get a expansion chamber for it?
I cannot tell you the best one on the market as there really is no "best". I can give you my personal opinion of two different makes....Silver Flying Horse 66cc/80cc motor, and the Skyhawk 66cc/80cc motor. I have completed five different builds so far and have used Flying Horse motors on four of them and have had minimal problems. However the most recent Skyhawk I have had nothing but problems with. Is this a bad type of motor? IMHO "yes" I am not going to purchase another one. I will make sure my next one is either a Silver Flying Horse 66cc/80cc motor or one of the "RAW" 66cc/80cc motors. You may hear others sing the praises of the SH. Once again this is my personal opinion.

As far as the Expansion chamber...go with this...Sick Bike Parts You won't regret it.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
... I want to know simple like what is the best Chinese motor on the market today...
I know you're hoping for a simple answer, but i'm not sure how simple the answer will be. No engine anywhere is perfect (unless we're talking Rolls or Duesenberg, then maybe). But you can get a reliable one, sometimes on accident, sometimes on purpose. Raw and Grubee seem to be your best bets. My research indicates Raw may be inching above Grubee for quality.
Rock Solid might even be beyond them both if you can afford it. As far as the Chinese HT engines, that'll answer your question, but it doesn't help you.

Now, in the event that you get your engine and it proves itself a pain in your butt and a thorn in your side, now what? That's what these vendors to the left and right are here to help you with. I, myself, lucked out: not long ago when I was still green at this, I knew that if anything went wrong I would want a vendor who stood behind what he sold me. And to this day I have never needed the help. My engine has run just fine from about day three (day one & two I was tinkering and tuning, that's why). No real problems as yet. I take that back, the stock spark plug was crap but when I replaced it I was good to go.

Short story: buy from a reputable vendor, use engine as intended, and there will be little need to worry about what could go wrong. The vendors here take care of their customers. Ask around.